1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kew Gardens photos

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by DaveS, Apr 12, 2014.

1. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Although looking at what everyone else got- it's a blessing in disguise that I can't upload any of the rubbish I took

I can edit just fine with the JPEG's

2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

If you still have the Nikon ViewNX2 disc, it's really easy to convert RAW files to either Tiff or Jpeg. You can then open them in Elements to finish your editing.
    Hope this helps.

3. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

I'm far left with Diane .. the tubby one ! (Me not Diane lol). I wlll get aroundto processing some pics on Weds..promise.

4. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I'm towards the left, half-turned to face the camera, with my other half (a very occasional poster as ailsar) in the red jumper.

Adrian

5. LesleySM

I thought it might work the other way- I want to process RAW then convert the finished result to JPEG so if I could import the RAW into the NX2 then save as a JPEG- I've now sorta worked out how to save a JPEG in PSE- you use the "save for web" option but so far every file has been too large and appears to be a green wall if I do it

And I still haven't worked out how to upload to here- will someone put it into VERY simple English for me? PLEASE!!!! (sorry had a rotten day at work followed by Dave's mum calling......)

6. Craig20264

Hi Lesley.
    I usually do the RAW processing in NX2, white balance, highlights, shadows etc. Then convert to Tiff and save to a folder. This can then be opened in PS or PSE, edited further, levels, curves, cropping, sharpening, etc.then saved as Jpeg

As far as uploading to the forum,
    Choose "Save for web"
    Adjust size to forum guidelines
    Save somewhere you can find it( I have a folder for low res images)
    Upload to photobucket
    Copy the bottom of the four codes under the image in your library.
    Paste into forum.
    I find photobucket easier than flickr as I am a little computer stupid
    :)
    Hope this helps

7. Craig20264

Forgot to say that in NX2, you can convert the RAW file to a Jpeg. I just prefer too convert to Tiff if I have more editing to do.

8. LesleySM

Thanks but I don't have a Photobucket account- I should be able to load the same way from Flickr but it's playing up- let me try it again

9. LesleySM

Okay trying with PhotoBucket- fingers crossed
    [​IMG]

10. LesleySM

RESULT! Like to thank Cavyslave for feeding that goose- brace yourself more coming in

11. LesleySM

Artist at work

URL=http://s91.photobucket.com/user/Lesley_Madigan/media/Artistatwork_zps18fb06df

12. LesleySM

Back to drawing board

13. LesleySM

[​IMG]

14. LesleySM

By Jove! I think I've got it

[​IMG]

15. LesleySM

Right you click on IMG rather than trying to cut and paste! Be warned- I suggest you all have a stiff drink or six

[​IMG]

16. LesleySM

My green dragon

[​IMG]

17. LesleySM

Forgive me! After several frustrating days of not being able to save properly then not being able to upload I am sorta doing loads so I won't forget how to do it again

Random shot taken just before we went into the palm house _ I think one kid is saying...well read the title

[​IMG]

18. LesleySM

Cactus flower

[​IMG]

19. LesleySM

Right I think I got it! Am madly in love with Photobucket as a result- hope you at least liked some of my modest efforts sorry more to follow

20. LesleySM

One last one honest- I always thought cacti were green with needles and sometimes had a flower on top- proved wrong with this beauty

[​IMG]