1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kew autumn meet

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by DaveS, Jul 17, 2014.

1. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I am now in favour of changing dates. No district line past Hammersmith heading to and from Kew this Saturday/Sunday- replacement bus service from Hammersmith, which will add at least 40 minutes to the journey each way for me

2. LesleySM

And now if we could move date as I've just been invited to an engagement party Saturday night... Bloody Anton it's been bleeding obvious for the last two years or so she was the one for you so why now?

3. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Oh bugger, we're already booked for the 18th...

Adrian

4. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Ok, the 11th it is, I thought people might have made other plans, ah, well.

See you on Saturday, fingers crossed.

Edit, just seen Lesley's posts.

Botheration!

5. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Well, I dunno now :(.

Looking at the hard-to-find TFL calender they're digging up the district Line all October. The first clear weekend is the second in Nov :mad:.

It bollixes me to as I would be coming in to Hammersmith on the Piccadilly Line then changing to the District Line to Kew.

We need to think about this.

6. LesleySM

I believe the techical term for this "oh bugger"

Let me know as soon as something is sorted out

7. gray1720

Looks like November might be the best bet then. We're not free until the 4th weekend of it! Wondering if we aren't going to get there until 2015...

Adrian

8. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Have a look here.

https://tfl.gov.uk/forms/12392.aspx

Blocked all through Oct, possible dates in November are:

Sat 8th
    22nd
    29th, which is the 4th w/e for Adrian

At which point it's starting to get dark early.

9. LesleySM

I hate myself for saying this as I regard getting a decent lie in on a Saturday as my sacred duty but if it's going to get dark early then perhaps we could start earlier? Say 10 then finish by 9-3.30?

10. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good idea, even though I like / need my Saturday lie-in as I'm normally up at 6.20.

A 3.30 finish is probably a good idea as some will have quite long journeys home.

11. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Dave S has now formally changed the date.. Just as well as my last remaining aunt passed away on Tuesday and the funeral is in West Wales next Monday so I'll be heading west over the week-end :-(

12. LesleySM

Sorry to hear about your aunt and how's the cat btw?

13. LesleySM

I seem to remember Gray1720 said he could only make the 29th?

14. gray1720

Yes, I think so - Dave has the exact date, I checked with the diary secretary last night...

Adrian

15. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

According to the PM I got last evening the date is the 22nd. Is this correct?

16. gray1720

Lats night's date, as opposed to anything I've misremembered since, is correct, Dave!

Dear gods, I'm getting disorganised in my old age...

Adrian

17. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

I think we've all been pushed here-and-there by blummin' TfL. Wonder what they'll get up to next?

Well we can at least pencil in the 22nd, as firm as it's likely to be. Don't want to say any date is locked down, a hostage to fortune.

18. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Thanks, my aunt was in her 90's and didn't suffer too much until the last day or two although she'd been on an oxygen bottle 24/7 for a couple of years.

The cat so far has made something of a miraculous recovery. He was about 4.2kg at his peak, more normally about 4kg. Dropped to 3.5kg a couple of months back and was down to 3kg when I took him to the vet on Sep22nd.
    They instantly saw he needed a drip as he was "severely dehydrated", and he ended up with a feeding tube installed to assist us in administering his medications (5 lots of stuff to start with). He came home on Thursday evening (25th) with his leg and underbelly all shaved too (from the drip and ultrasound scan respectively)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and on Friday afternoon he was back to his usual tricks, trying to scrounge food off the neighbours and people 2 doors down too ! Fortunately I had warned them not to feed him as he'll be on special prescription food for at least 3 months

EDIT: The fur is growing back slowly, and he's over 3.5kg again, looking much more like his normal self. Vet staff, neighbours and I think when I found him on the Monday, he'd curled up under next door's bushes to die, He hadn't been able to eat for over 2 days and was being repeatedly sick.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  19. LesleySM

That's good news!

20. LesleySM

As it's wet,cold and miserable today and I have gone down with a streaming head cold so postponing tomorrow has worked in my favour. I can have a long lie and get my tog fix at the engagement party tomorrow night