1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kew autumn meet

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by DaveS, Jul 17, 2014.

1. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Here we go. I'm still having to post from my mobile but I'll start things rolling.

Sat 11th October at 11 am, Victoria gate (Where we met last), but this time going clockwise taking in the parts we missed last time.

Who's up for it?

I could put up another date, but not the 12th as tfl are digging up the tracks on my line.

2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

That's three of us then, as SWMBO and I want to come. It's gone in the diary already.

Adrian

3. deanolorenzo

deanolorenzo Well-Known Member

Dave, Adrian, greetings chaps. Please count me in. and I shall do my level best not to get lost or (more importantly) get on the wrong train home. I do hope all Saturday matches are off that day, the return journey could be somewhat noisy.

Dean.

4. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

11th of October you will see me at the Victoria Gate with camera ready

5. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Note made in diary; will do my best to attend

6. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Goody!

Still posting from my mobile as I'm still unpacking.

So, we have so far:

DaveS
    gray1720 (Adrian) and swmbo
    deanolorenzo (Dean)
    LesleySM
    IvorETower (Chris)

7. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Pretty keen, but I may come by car this time.

8. LesleySM

Are we still on the 11th?

9. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

We still are, dunno about the rest!

Adrian

10. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Provided nothing catastrophic happens, yes.

Looking forward to meeting up again.

11. LesleySM

Same here- see you there barring disasters

12. Mark101

Sadly, we can't come. A combination of terrible train connections and possibility of needing to be somewhere else on that day.

Have fun !

13. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Mark, will miss you.

14. Mark101

Thanks Dave. I have so much going on at the moment there is hardly time for housework. Both Dane & myself are still recovering from the wedding and honeymoon in Florence; the honeymoon was very exhausting, but that was down to travel and the considerable amount of walking rather than spending days in bed.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  15. Steve Bell

Steve Bell Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the last trip to Kew, but unfortunately cannot make it this time, as I will be at a convention in MK related to another of my hobbies.

16. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

It's most likely that I won't be able to make this now, a shame as I enjoyed the last one. Our poor cat (15 years and a couple of months) has not been well for the best part of 8 weeks now... week before last I had booked as holiday from work, just as well as I had to rush him to the vets again on the Monday morning where he stayed for 4 days with a drip. He's on the mend but has a feeding tube emerging from his neck and I have to give him 2 lots of medications each day. He also has to see the vet every Saturday morning for 5 weeks for an additional injection.
    He's younger daughter's cat really, and she's come home from uni this week-end just to see him..... so I'm tied up for the next few Saturday mornings as part of the efforts to restore his health.

17. LesleySM

Just hoping for 2 things
    1. The weather is good, yesterday was diabolical so I am hoping we'll get the weather we had today, it was sunny but it wasn't baking hot
    2. The tube- this weekend on the district line it's been a replacement bus service from Turnham Green to Richmond dropping off at the Victoria Gate but it slows things down- however it's quite rare for TfL to do improvement works on the same line two weeks running so that should be okay and if it isn't I'll factor it into my journey time or get the overground

Other than that barring disasters-see you Saturday!

18. LesleySM

Will miss seeing but totally agree- cat comes first and I hope he gets well

19. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Agreed, cat comes first.

So it looks like a rather thin meet

DaveS
    LesleySM
    gray1720

Unless anyone else wants to turn up. It's an open invitation, just turn up at the Victoria Gate ready to be off at 11 o/c or thereabouts.

I know there's work on the Piccadilly line on the 12th, hopefully the district will be OK for the 11th.

The only other option is to put it back a week to the 18th, which might allow Mark and Diane to attend, though if people have made definite plans around the 11th meet then that's out.

20. LesleySM

I can change dates -apart from the 1st-2nd of November at the moment I don't have any other commitments