1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kew Autumn meet 2015

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by DaveS, Sep 14, 2015.

1. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Possible Saturdays:

10th Oct, District closed Aldgate East to Dagenham East (Lesley, would this affect you?)

17th Oct only minor District Line side branches

7th Nov nothing impinging on us.

24th, 31st Oct and 14th Nov closures of Piccadilly line on my branch.

Beyond 14th Nov may be getting dark a bit early for some, and getting close to a possible winter meet.

How do people feel about these dates?

2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I'll need to check Ailsa's diary - things are more than a bit complex at the mo what with the house move and so on, but we'll watch the thread.

Adrian

3. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Cheers Adrian, hope the house move is going well.

I realise that I was a little tardy in posting this, so apologies.

4. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Yes that would but not too badly if it were the only date everyone else could make

5. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

OK. Hopefully we can get people on for the 17th Oct, which looks the best date.

6. LesleySM

Barring disasters I'm in!

7. RobertCoombes

RobertCoombes Well-Known Member

Rugby World Cup Twickenham might make travelling a touch exciting.

8. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Yup. Over 80,000 people heading to Twickenham for a quarter-final at 11 a.m. - sounds like a very bad choice of day TBH.

9. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

I'm up for this one, would prefer one of the Saturdays in October. Not too sure about the Saturday the game at Twickenham is on though!

Sam.

10. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Oh, bum I hadn't checked that, dur..:mad: I only checked the track work. Back to tfl for more info.

11. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

OK, it's a late afternoon kick-off, so we should be OK for an 11 o/c meet up. or possibly 10.30 depending on how people feel.

There should also be a fairly clear slot between 3.30 pm and 5.30, so if we aim to leave between 4 and 5 again we should be OK.

The alternative is to put the meet back to 7th Nov, but clocks will have gone back so it'll be getting dark early, possibly too early for some.

Again, how do people feel about the arrangements?

12. LesleySM

Easy either way- if we were meeting on the 7h maybe we could start earlier

13. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Possible, maybe meet at 10 o/c, but Adrian and Ailsa come in from Oxford so it may be a bit early for them.

14. gray1720

Sorry - been a bit busy! We'll have a think over the weekend...

Adrian

15. lm1

lm1 Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed I should be able to make the 17th Oct - will be just back from hols, so I'll confirm for definite on the 16th
    7th Nov also works for me if its pushed back
    :D

16. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

That's great Lucie, will be looking forward to seeing you there.

I still think we can work around the rugby on the 17th, and it might be best for those coming a long way, as it'll be getting dark early on the 7th Nov.

Thinking, Meet at Victoria Gate at 11 o/c, wander round, have lunch 1-2 o/c and head back to Victoria Gate for about 4 o/c, which would give us time for a quick pint at the Tap on the Line by Kew Gardens station.

If we do have to push it back to the 7th, then bring the meet forward to 10.30, as I think 10 o/c might be a bit early for Adrian and Ailsa.

17. gray1720

Sorry Dave, definitely cannot make the 17th, cricket club annual dinner.

Adrian

18. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Well I guess it's the 17th then, without Adrian and Ailsa. Pity.

I'd consider putting it back to the 7th Nov, but it'll be getting dark early for those with long journeys home.

19. gray1720

I think that will make more sense, otherwise it'll be a stupidly short day.

Hope everyone enjoys it and, with a bit of luck, we'll get there for a spring one!

Adrian

20. LesleySM

I'm hoping to make it now- partner not well....he did really well at physio yesterday but since then he's been sleeping and complaining of pain in his legs isn't eating ad running bit of a temperature. If things are no better in the morning then back to hospital