1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got a new toy aswell

Discussion in 'Nikon Chat' started by Darky, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Darky

Darky Member

Well hi guys new to the board and photography in general. I have just bought a nikon F65 to learn with brand new want to go pro so i shall upgrade lens and body in time as experience and money allow.
    I love nikon just had to say that sorry.

Thanks

Sully

2. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Hi Sully and welcome aboard shipmate! "You love Nikon".......so you're the one! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif (We have a certain amount of friendly camera model rivalry around here as you can see!)

BigWill

<font color=blue>Someday Jeri Ryan will weaken!<font color=black>

3. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

dont ajolopise for liking Nikon. Glad you got the F65 and not the F55( a dog!)

Welcome to the madhouse.

<font color=purple>Leave nothing but footprints,take nothing but photographs.
    [(^)]</font color=purple>

4. BigWill

NO! This is a dog!

[​IMG]

A very rare breed too according to Larry. He calls it a "Little Farquar" or something! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

BigWill

5. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Don't let all the gasfire lovers put you off Nikon Mike! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif Welcome to the forum. We all Leica Nikon really, especially them lovely F2's.

Tim CRIPN
    …don't follow leaders, watch the parking meters!

6. 0

0 Guest

Nah mate, this is a dog

[​IMG]

<font color=green>I study should be....</font color=green>/img/wwwthreads/frown.gif

7. BigWill

Re: Nah mate, this is a dog

.....don't tell me, the postman (mailman) has just taken refuge halfway up that tree! Please tell me that great slovering brute isn't yours!

BigWill

8. 0

0 Guest

Guilty as owner. He's going for the bottom branch of that tree -- he was in his hanging from branches phase then. He's actually quite cute, I'll get a cuter picture scanned and prove it!

<font color=green>I study should be....</font color=green>/img/wwwthreads/frown.gif

9. Darky

Darky Member

Thanks for the welcome guys. Is it just me or is it scary the first time the lens clicks into the body sounds awfully painfull. Christ i checked i hadn't broken anything.
    Well time take take a photograph now i guess. Allthough what is a good nikon speedlight flash to get? SP28 i hear is good? I want to do a lot of night work with thingsthat are elusive to the naked eye. Tha is the beauty of living on dartmoor.

Sully

10. BigWill

"He's going for the bottom branch of that tree".........makes a pleasant change from the postman's throat I suppose!/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Big(not convinced about the "cute" bit!)Will

11. 0

0 Guest

(Not one of my pics):
    http://www.tyranny.demon.co.uk/pics/bandw/1.html

He's call Rizla, won't go into why. /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

12. BigWill

I suppose whoever the photographer was had to shoot him in the ass with a tranquilizer gun before he got that one!

Big(Bet he's called Rizla cause "he licks his own" /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif)Will

13. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

SB-28 is very good, but it may be an idea to check compatibility with your F65. I can't recall now, but there may be a number of features on the flash that are not usable with that body. Of course, if you're intent is to upgrade to a better body in time then ignore that bit, but it'd be silly to pick a gun that's too good for the body /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Tim CRIPN
    …don't follow leaders, watch the parking meters!

14. Larry Shone

you leave my Max alone,the little sod.

15. Larry Shone

Butter wouldn't melt.
    Hmmmm.

16. Larry Shone

So he smokes rollups?

17. 0

0 Guest

Just teasing, he's absolutely adorable.

18. BigWill

Thanks Lisa, I take it you were talking about me there! Yes I know, I really am a bit of an animal! Max is quite cute as well of course! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Big(The dogs dangleys!)Will

19. Larry Shone

I know,i meant max is a little sod,who needs walking
    Stop distracting me from my walk /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

20. Larry Shone

watch him lisa,hes deadly without his wellies!