1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

July Theme - It's all in the pattern

Discussion in 'Forum Competitions and Themes' started by dream_police, Jun 30, 2018.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Right, luckily for you this isn't some weird topic involving nudity or horses, unless you interpret it that way.

A lot of the ideas I have thought of have already been done over the past couple of years, and certainly a couple I thought of were a bit too similar to June's theme.

This month the theme is patterns. There are patterns everywhere, be it in architecture, clothing, nature, patterns made by shadows etc. Ideally the photo for this month will be taken this month, but it doesn't mean an older one will be excluded (such as for Lynne who only uses film) and it is also good to see some archive shots to get the ball rolling. Hopefully the theme is easy enough for you to pick up your camera and make a pleasing image. If you are housebound or not able to get out much, there are still opportunities in your home or close by. Talking of which, as per the thread in appraisals re an abstract image mainly made in computer, if you want, make a pattern using your PP skills as well as your photographic skills in order to show patterns. (But not done in such away as all you are doing is polishing a turd, if you get my drift).

Not 100% sure that this hasn't been done, but in the forums and comp room, it certainly isn't listed as being a previous theme.

If a mod could move this to the right room please.

2. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Done (I think). :cool:

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  3. dream_police

Thank you.

TheFatControlleR likes this.
  4. dream_police

5. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Thanks Nige - will do my best.

6. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

EightBitTony and Catriona like this.
  7. Catriona

Corrugated views
    ap fence.jpg ap seaweed 1.jpg

8. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Shame you can't enter. Love the first two.

dream_police likes this.
  9. dream_police

Thanks.
    If, as it seems, President Trump would be able to pardon himself I’m sure I’m allowed to win my own competition.;)

10. EightBitTony

Well, I've got an entire project running shooting anything I find in 6x6 grids. But I won't swamp the comp with them all!

Here's a random selection of archive shots (at least one of which is stolen from a previous month) - I'm not entering any of these, they're just for warming up.

6x6
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (full album is here if anyone's bored - https://flic.kr/s/aHsmfH67i4)

This one was another competition entry so absolutely can't be counted!
    [​IMG]Three of a Kind by Tony Evans, on Flickr
    It actually kicked off the 6x6 project once I'd realised those geometric patterns existed all over the place.

I've shot a few of these as I walk along the canal and find them fascinating every time.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

These were both shot (at different times) in the same hidden area under a car park in the city centre.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. dream_police

Catriona likes this.
  12. EightBitTony

13. dream_police

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  14. EightBitTony

Nope, just the bottom of my garden :)

Done_rundleCams and dream_police like this.
  15. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

16. Catriona

All mod cons on the moor.
    ap mock tudor house on the moor.jpg

EightBitTony likes this.
  17. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Ho, ho, so did this phrase come from seeing that Brian Rix Farce on the TV decades ago? ...

A man is hypnotised and then stands on one leg, on the seat of a wooden chair, where he then told to say:

"There are fairies at the bottom of my garden, at the bottom of my garden, there are fairies ...."

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  18. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Archive shot.

Deb-1LR.jpg

Zou, EightBitTony and Catriona like this.
  19. EightBitTony

Some pretty literal ones. Shot today!

20180701-7D2-6L3A4210_x800_hq.jpg

Catriona likes this.
  20. EightBitTony

Nikonchris likes this.