1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

July 2017 Theme- Light

Discussion in 'Forum Competitions and Themes' started by Craig20264, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

A good job I didn't go to the trouble of creating a .gif then!

Cheers, Jeff

2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Ok. I've had a look through and made some sense out of an impossible task. I've discounted all the shots not taken in July, (I think) then it was a case of picking what stood out at me. I must first mention one image which would have run close if it had not been an older shot, and that was this one from Catriona. I loved it.

Catriona 106.jpg

Now we come to the nitty gritty. As I said, it really was an impossible task as there were some great shots in there. I've somehow narrowed it down to a top 5, not because they were any better than any others, they just happened to catch my eye.
    The four Runners Up, in no order whatsoever:

Dream Police

Dream Police 303.jpg

Eight Bit Tony
    Eight Bit Tony 337.jpg

Roving Mike

Roving Mike 170.jpg

Kator Grond

Kator Grond 124.jpg

And this months winner, for spotting the light, and grabbing the opportunity while it was there.

Geren

Geren 208.jpg

Congratulations to all, and many thanks for making it another successful month....oh, and don't pick me again, even if it was by default. Cheers All.

(Well done Kath. Have you posted the cheque yet?;))

3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Thank you for the mention - and congratulations to Geren for picking the short straw... um... winning!! No, I mean it, well done!

There were so many shots I loved, I can only say well done to you all. Take a bow.
    Now, what will Geren have us do for August? Be kind Kath!

Kate

Done_rundleCams and Craig20264 like this.
  4. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

And the poisoned chalice is passed on to another victim!

Congrats and good luck!

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Well done Kath and Craig for the theme and the mention. Look forward to the next one.

6. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Oh good heavens. Thank you! I think. Seriously honoured among such fantastic company but going to have to rack my brains tonight for a theme. Currently on the train back home from Glasgow. May have thought of something by the time I get back!

7. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Thanks Craig for doing the tough job of picking the theme and carrying out the judging - I really didn't envy you having to pick a winner!

Well done to everybody shortlisted and to Kath for winning - I can't wait to see what next month's theme is!

Cheers, Jeff

8. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Just to add my thanks,Craig, for picking such a good subject and sorting out the winners so well.
    Well done :):):)

Craig20264 likes this.
  9. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

For me too!

Craig20264 likes this.
  10. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Thanks @Craig20264 for picking it up and running with it even when it turned into a 300lb baby.

Congrats @Geren :)

11. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Cripes, don't know if I'm disappointed or relieved that I didn't win ... Congratulations to those shortlisted and Kate! It also occurs to me that with most of the 'popular' subjects already having been used, coming up with another different title is soon going to become just a challenge, as winning. Shades of the Sword of Damocles?

12. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Okay, new theme has been posted in Exhibition and I've reported myself! Hope it suits everyone - the only alternative idea I had was to make you all take photographs of forks so be nice, or next time.... (always assuming there would actually ever be a next time!)

Catriona likes this.
  13. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Nice one Geren and congrats to the honourable mentions as well.:cool:

Well done Craig too for not running away is despair....:D

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  14. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Hi Sam,

"Dos" .... allegedly, two, in Spanish ;) and, nope, I wasn't shooed away -- this time ;) -- and the policia were called for
    "a person with a gun", which, IMHO, it does look like but, apparently and if memory serves, it was part of a hose set up :eek:
    So, as it is with the majority of "flashing lights and lots of sirens" scenes, it was a non-event, in the long run :( but, still decent
    as a photo-op ;)

Cheers,

Jack

Catriona likes this.
  15. Done_rundleCams

Right as rain, Geren :D

Jack

16. Done_rundleCams

Cheers,

Jack