1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

July 2017 Theme- Light

Discussion in 'Forum Competitions and Themes' started by Craig20264, Jul 4, 2017.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Thanks Jack.

The "light" was rather tongue in cheek considering it is almost the end of July!

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  2. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Dos mas "light" photos ....

Sept12-14-AP-Fri-IMGP8516 copy 2.jpg Sept12-14-AP-Fri-IMGP8534 copy 2.jpg

From September 2014

Cheers,

Jack

3. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

understood ;)

Cheers,

Jack

4. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Jack, 'DOS'? ... This is tormenting my brain cells; what's it stand for? Can't imagine it's 'Death on scene' whilst the D could also stand for Dept. Nevertheless, an interesting shot ... I'm guessing pretty soon after this you were told to 'Go away' ... In the more rural areas of Greece, photographers were, (and maybe still are) employed by the local newspaper to do a 'Weegee' - take shots of people asap after an incident, which then get published and copies are then also bought by their relatives! ... Definitely, a higher level of dubiousness when compared to the employment of 'ambulance chasers' by insurance claim companies!!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  5. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

dos mas...two more?

6. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Yup - Spanish for 'two more'.

Cheers, Jeff

7. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Last one from me! Practising for next month!? Maybe not. Haha!

By the way, Jack - you don't represent the tourist board do you? :eek:

bathroom selfie1 ap.jpg

8. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Oooww steamy!

EightBitTony, MJB and Catriona like this.
  9. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I see a charity calendar in our future.

Catriona likes this.
  10. Fishboy

There used to be a motorcycle spares warehouse next my old office and they decided to produce a charity calendar.

When it finally arrived, there was a picture of a nice young lady posed tastefully wearing nought but a carefully placed length of exhaust and a petrol tank on the cover of the shrink-wrapped calendar.

I bought a copy anyway (because the money was going to charity), knowing full well that the business employed a total of one attractive young lady and around fifteen great, hairy tattooed blokes!

I sometimes wonder about the thoughts of those who bought a copy on the basis of Miss January and how they reacted when they saw Mr February - Mr December!

Cheers, Jeff

EightBitTony and Catriona like this.
  11. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Wonder if Trading Standards received any complaints?

RogerMac likes this.
  12. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Maybe, the company knew more about its customer base? In the US, the Navy contacted the Village People to produce a recruitment campaign video. It wasn't until the finished video was previewed before use, that someone pointed out that possibly this might not get them the types of people they actually wanted, so the US Navy's usual 'Anchors Away' video was used instead.

EightBitTony likes this.
  13. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

My class produced a Naked Calendar to raise funds to take our degree show to London. It was all shot in and around Steven Holl's Reid Building, and mostly featured relatively tasteful shots of the students with some strategically placed bits of large type, easels, printing presses etc. Until you got to December.

One of the defining features of the Reid Building is Holl's 'voids of driven light' as seen here:

14-02-21-001.jpg

Someone persuaded Ralph to lie stark naked, face up, in the style of Vetruvian Man, at the bottom of the driven void while they shot him from above. As festive images go, we could have done with a bit more tinsel.

Catriona and EightBitTony like this.
  14. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Zou, EightBitTony and Catriona like this.
  15. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

God's light…

Olympus E-PL5 8GB 03 P7310001.JPG

EightBitTony likes this.
  16. miked

miked Well-Known Member

My class produced a Naked Calendar to raise funds to take our degree show to London. It was all shot in and around Steven Holl's Reid Building, and mostly featured relatively tasteful shots of the students with some strategically placed bits of large type, easels, printing presses etc. Until you got to December.

and then, we must presume, "tasteful" went out of the window, to be replaced by strategically placed tacky tinsel, chipolatas, brussel sprouts and the odd smear of cranberry jelly?

17. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Sadly there was no strategically placed anything!

18. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

LAST CALL FOR IMAGES
    6.00PM DEADLINE AS THE JUDGE IS PLAYING GOLF THIS EVENING
    :)

Done_rundleCams and Catriona like this.
  19. Fishboy

42981.jpg

20. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Golf cancelled, so now I can peruse the entries, as well as editing some shots. :)