1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

July, 2010 - FirstView Pictures

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

This thread is for posting of FirstView pictures for the 1st of July 2010. Please read the main About FirstView post, if you have not done so already. You may post only one image here, and it must have been taken on the 1st of July 2010.

Please remember to include the basic details - time and place of shooting, and what we're looking at. If you want to put in a short paragraph explaining what's going on, or why you chose that one, or whatever, then please do, but keep it brief and relevant. Any discussion beyond that can go in the 'Comments' thread. Please do not post comments or other replies here - they will be deleted. This thread is for FirstView image posting only.

The picture thread will remain open for a few days in the first instance, so please try to get your contributions in promptly. People who are perhaps away from home, or need time for film processing, or are otherwise unable to post their images in the initial time slot should pm me - I'll re-open the thread later in the month for late additions. In all cases please remember that the forum image posting rules apply (see the 'HOW TO POST IMAGES - MAX. SIZE plus Free programs' sticky post, which can be found at the top of this board).

Finally, once again I would like to draw your attention to the FirstView Gallery site - we would like as many contributors as possible to make use of this for hosting their FirstView images in order to maintain as complete an archive as possible for the future. Of course if you prefer not to you are still welcome to contribute to the FirstView threads with images hosted elsewhere.

2. Jacqui Jay

Jacqui Jay Grasshopper's Sage

Memories ... in the corners of my mind

Taken 1st July 2010, just after two o'clock in the afternoon.
    Clearing out cupboards, too many memories, project abandoned.

[​IMG]

3. cpfc12

cpfc12 Well-Known Member

Hastings Promenade 7.30AM. Another beautiful morning. [​IMG]

4. quietangel

quietangel Well-Known Member

Last day present - first view

As it was Jasmines last day at nursery before she starts primary 1 she wanted to give her teachers a wee pressie. Instead of just going and getting a box of chocs she made and decorated some cakes - and they loved them!! think they lasted about 5 mins after the kids left :D

[​IMG]

5. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

To cut back, or not to cut back?

Really beginning to wonder if I should be cutting this creeper back :) - this is the view from my window here. It is rather nice when the sun is on it, though, and especially when it turns red after the first frost.

[​IMG]

1st of July, c. 3:15pm: at home in Dorset. Fuji F610.

6. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Sore Eyes

A combination of just finishing a night shift at 7am, and bloody hayfever, my first views were out of these tired sticky eyes!

[​IMG]

7. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

New Toys

[​IMG]

Taken with Casion Exilim EX-Z850 at my desk at work.

Sadly only a rental :/

8. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Green Oak Bridge

[​IMG]

Brockholes Nature Reserve, Preston, Lancs, 1 July 2010, 8:25am

9. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

For the High Jump

[​IMG]

6 pm at the Warwick University Athletics Track - that's for my daughter to tackle in a while.

10. Mr_Geoff

Mr_Geoff Well-Known Member

Going off the rails...

[​IMG]

My new commute - Reading station.
    Taken around lunchtime on my Nokia X6 (sorry - will bring a proper camera next time!)

11. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

My Messy Bedroom (W60 @ 6400 asa)

[​IMG]

:eek:

well, geez, whaddya expect a 12:06am :rolleyes:

Jack

12. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Free hamburgers

at this street party in York. Taken 7.15 1st July. The council took a lot persuading to close the main road but it was very successful and popular.

[​IMG]

13. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Marxism 2010

[​IMG]

Waiting outside ULU to collect people after Peter Hallward's talk on Haiti before we head to the pub for dinner.

Lots of talks during this weekend's event on the crisis in capitalism. I'm particularly interested in those on student power and strategies of resistance and direct action in the protection of education.

Date and Time: 01 July 2010, 16:22
    Camera: Canon Powershot S3 IS
    Notes: ISO 400 Av f4

14. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

Windowbox

[​IMG]

Forgot FirstView... oops! Fortunately I'm taking part in a 365 project so I do have a picture to post.

This is one of the windows in the facade of Nottingham railway station. The window looks in on the taxi rank.

15. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

I was at the local reserve recording the grebe on its nest, when one of the herons flew across. The grebe isn't amused, but you can hardly see it here.

[​IMG]

16. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

Severn Crossing.

[​IMG]

Crossing back to England after a day working in Cardiff, about 6PM. When I got back to London at about half past eight it was still a hot sunny day, quite a contrast to the dull grey day I had in Wales.

17. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Elsie's birthday (again!)

This time on Guernsey. We went to Saumarez in the morning and then walked the green lanes to Cobo Bay on the west side of the island, where we ate big Guernsey dairy ice cream cones and Elsie was pleased to get the chance to cool off her "dabs".

She is amazingly fit for someone born when Stanley Baldwin was the Prime Minister . . . . . :cool:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.