1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

July, 2010 - FirstView Comments

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Jun 30, 2010.

1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

This thread is for comments arising from the July 2010 picture thread.

2. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

Re.Huw Evans.

I`d love some Virginia Creeper in my garden.I`ve tried cuttings but they never take.

3. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Marxism 2010

Been a long time since I was at ULU Erm, I used to live just around the corner - I love that part of town and would live there again at the drop of a hat (and a bag full of money to be able to afford to).

I think the last time I was in the building was for an S&M workshop!! :rolleyes:

4. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Re: Marxism 2010

Ha ha, a WORKSHOP in S&M?! :eek: :eek: :D

I went into Birkbeck for the first time in about 5 years on Friday for a Balibar lecture - it has changed entirely! The entrance is round the back now and enormous, looks like a huge hospital reception or something, very bizarre, I got completely lost trying to work out whether I was turning left or right . Im sure it is where the library storage used to be so god knows what has happened to the books. Looks nice but seems sucha waste of space, you could fit four lecture theatres in that space. They also wouldnt let me use their photocopier as I didnt have ID... As Tariq said - what's the definition of 'university' these days?

Beer still cheap tho - £2.60 for 2 pints! The day before they charged me £3.20 for ONE pint of the identical beer at the Marlborough down the road.

The Marlborough has gone downhill. Went in there for a beer and my friend ordered some food. As I'd pay £3.20 for said beer and he was eating anyway I took out my lunch. Before Id finished my first mouthful I was told I couldnt eat it in there "because we serve food". I understand their point, they want you to pay eight or ten quid for burger and chips, but Id paid £3.20 for a beer and wasnt going to buy food from them anyway, so whats the biggie? I put my lunch away, but they lost money as I would have stayed for another beer if I could have had my lunch with it, but instead we all [****] off, I ate my lunch elsewhere and bought beer elsewhere too. Lost four customers @ £3.20 a pint each. Bad business model. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Elsie's Birthday ....

Hi Chris,

Firstly, Happy Birthday to Elsie :) and, secondly, I hope Elsie doesn't
    browse AP or, after the age comment, you might want to invest in
    some body armour :D

Cheers,

Jack

6. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Re: Elsie's Birthday ....

Thanks Jack. She has gone off to a coffee morning with the "girls" this morning. She has taken her Ixus, so I may get some pics to see when she returns. I will be sure to pass on your good wishes.

As for the body armour, we have been married for fifty four years, so I have had plenty of time to assemble a full set with all the latest updates . . . . . ;)

7. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Re: Elsie's Birthday ....

Elsie says thanks for your good wishes Jack. And here is a picture of the "girls" taken with her Ixus 120.

[​IMG]

8. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Re: Elsie's Birthday .... Thank Elsie and I apologise for playing....

.... with her wonderful picture of Da GrrrllZ -- see my version below her's and, again, I apologise for fiddling with her work ..

Hi Chris ....you mention "updates" .... it is kind of like the 5D Mk II .......
    .. a series of firmware(esque) updates ;)

Cheers and belated/early congrats on #54 :)

Jack

9. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Thanks as usual to everyone who participated. The July Picture thread is now closed. But, as ever, if you have a late FirstView picture to post do please pm me or a mod and we'll re-open it temporarily. The FirstView Gallery site is always open for uploading, so you can post it there first, if you like. Thanks again, everyone.