1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jousting in Oxfordshire

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by VaiBabe, Jun 5, 2002.

1. VaiBabe

VaiBabe Well-Known Member

This Saturday (8 June) A medieval re enactment group called Destrier, who provide Late 15th Century mounted soldiery Tournaments, Battles, Displays,
    Living history, Education and Research are filming a jousting for Channel 4 at Broughton Castle, off Junct 11 of the M40 in Oxfordshire.

The Pheasant has no agenda

2. dogbyte

dogbyte In the Stop Bath

I went to one of these at Littlecote House on Tuesday, run by:
    http://www.theknightsofmerrieengland.com
    Very photogenic, but harder to shoot than you might think (I know you've done the armouries Vai)
    You need long lenses ideally, say 300mm, to frame the subjects even though you're pretty close. I thought 100iso film would be adequate as it was a bright afternoon but I ought to have taken 400. Some shots involve panning a galloping horse as they charge down the arena, so think monopod as well. All in all its a bit like shooting motor sports really in the technical aspects you have to consider and theres a lot of wasted shots.
    I might well visit the Broughton show so I shall look out for a pheasant wandering aimlessly without any agenda. Just don't get mistaken for a peasant - they are into audience participation!

Pete IRIPN