1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joining the Q Crowd

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by johnriley1uk, Mar 20, 2012.

1. johnriley1uk

johnriley1uk Well-Known Member

Just to say I've been using the new Q and finding it remarkably good.

Manufacturers should shout out more about their own accessories because the first question is how do we carry it. I've been struggling to find a suitable case that still keeps it pocketable. It's no use having a pocket sized camera that needs a bag with a shoulder strap and belt cases get in the way when driving a car.

I bought the 8.5mm and 5-15 mm lenses and the fish-eye is on its way. I then eventually bought on spec the "Pentax Neoprene Case Large for Q" and this fits the camera and standard zoom perfectly. An inexpesive Chinese ERC is also on the way, so we'll see if that's useful.

So why don't manufacturers tell us more readily about their bags and cases? They probably don't sell many, but that's because they don't tell anyone they exist and very few dealers stock them. I'd also like to see a "Pentax Speedbag Digital" by the way, but they haven't made that one yet.

Be careful about the ERCs out there though. We bought one for our Olympus XZ-1 and the tripod screw is in the wrong place. Superb case, but totally useless....

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Must say I've been mulling over the purchase of one now the price is sensible; I love the size of the camera, and unlike larger CSCs, it could actually replace my pocket compact. And to be able to fit a fisheye is a great plus for me. Just don't have the cash, so I would have to sell some bits and pieces.

3. rjbell

rjbell Well-Known Member

Yeah now the price has dropped it's a great option.

4. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

As I said before, it looks to be the perfect street photographer's tool. The images posted by Jack proves the quality is there. This is going on my birthday/Christmas list for sure.

Could even sell my canon G10, might get a few quid for it from someone? :)

5. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your new camera, I'm jealous! I still haven't managed to see one in person.

6. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Come on over to Vancouver and you can see (and touch) one in person :D

Cheers,

Jack

7. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

I may just have to do that one of these days, Jack :)

8. Done_rundleCams

Good stuff John :) Now, finally, someone who knows how to take (quality) pics
    for (other folks) evaluation has one :cool: And, ironically (or not), I sold the Zoom
    to a young lady -- D700 user -- who picked up a Q for travel purposes :confused: ..
    ... and, yes, I told her not to forget her D700 and 28-300 ;)

Cheers,

Jack

9. johnriley1uk

johnriley1uk Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  10. Done_rundleCams

Beautiful shots John .... but, really, couldn't you have waited until
    you had some cr@ppy weather .... like us poor sods in Vancouver :eek:

:D

Jack