1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest,

Apologies for the issues that you may be experiencing with the AP forum. While not ideal, it is reported that access can be gained by using Internet Explorer or MS Edge browsers. Hopefully normal access will be restored though perhaps not until Monday.
    Dismiss Notice

'Join the Club'

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by dangie, Oct 24, 2019.

1. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

I'm usually one of the last people to blow my own trumpet but this is one occasion where I think I might. This week in the magazines 'Join the Club' page it spotlights my club 'Rugeley & Armitage Camera Club'.

I was given the task of compiling our entry. For the article AP sent us a list of questions to answer which I did. They wanted about 400-450 words but said more is ok as they could cut it down if need be. I sent about 750 words..!! They usually print about 7-8 images but obviously require more than that made up of different formats to help lay out the page. I sent them 20 images from 20 different members composed of landscape, portrait and square format. One thing to consider is that an image of a fantastic landscape which looks good when printed at A3 or 16"x12" won't really look good at only 3"x2". Therefore before making a selection I resized all the probable images down to a small size and chose ones which I thought still looked ok. Then it was simply send off and wait and see.

Not only was our submission accepted, but it was published on the week of our clubs 10th Anniversary. Even better for me is that one of my images was chosen.

I thoroughly recommend that clubs who haven't thought about getting their club into the magazine, or who have thought about it but think it's too difficult, do it. It's really easy.

2. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Congratulations, I'll have another look now.

dangie likes this.
  3. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Top effort that man!

dangie likes this.
  4. Guts

Guts New Member

I'd like to get our club in as it has just had it's 70th anniversary but could do with a bit of exposure as we only have about twenty five members (not all regulars). I have emailed a couple of times but had no reply yet. I'll keep trying though because I am a persistent git.