1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jessops under fire as customer discovers ‘new’ camera was dusty and ‘300’-shots old

Discussion in 'News - Discussion' started by CSBC, Jun 10, 2016.

1. CSBC

CSBC RIP (News Editor)

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Do new cameras come with zero frame counts? I am sure mine didn't. The oldest image I kept from playing with my Fuji when new was frame number 2083 and I didn't take 2082 test shots. I have reset the counter on my Canon that is a couple of weeks old now. I am sure it also wasn't zero but I have no saved images pre-reset. I always assumed there was a physical inspection pre-pack which involved testing the camera worked and this put a finite number of counts on the clock.

3. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

If your camera didn't have zero of close to zero, then someone else has used it - it is that simple. Every Nikon camera I have used started its count at zero or close to zero (I usually bin the first few so can't check exactly.
    As for this one, if you read the post, you can see that this camera has been round the houses...or the warehouse.
    Jessops have jumped on the cause, and hopefully will chuck in a memory card or two for good measure.