1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jessops to close 15 stores in early 2013

Discussion in 'News - Discussion' started by CSBC, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Stephen67

Stephen67 Well-Known Member

2. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

I wonder how many that will be? :p

3. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Yes, well some will be covered under the Nikon UK warranty, two years on cameras, the extended warranty was insurance backed so would presumably still be covered anyway. That only leaves customer charged repairs taken into Jessops, which would have to be payed for by the customer, which will still be the case.

4. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

So where are the news updates from AP itself? Surely not all the staff are/were at CES in the USA? This is the most important news item for the UK photographic trade this year, yet there has been very little that has been officially posted on the site, and what there has been, has usually been after forum members have already posted the news

5. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

Yes, the relevant journalists were at the CES show in Las Vegas. See here.

My post yesterday was due to the fact that the thread risked going off-topic.

...allowing for time differences, the facts have been checked and statements sought I would imagine :)

6. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

Hope the APOY winner got to spend those vouchers already, else that's a lot of dead paper.

7. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

I don't know if it was him or not, but I read elsewhere of one competition winner who had just won £1500-worth of Jessops vouchers and was advised to contact the competition organisers to see where he stood

8. ianwaite

ianwaite Well-Known Member

From memory it was £5000 for the overall APOY winner so probably not, but hope he got his £5k spent anyway. It was in the T's n C's that basically in the event of force major which Jessops going bust is, that AP is not responsible for making good. Whilst it's tough on a winner of a prize I can understand it.

regards
    Ian