1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jason, The newbie is saying "Hello everyone"

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Jason Alvares Rodrigues, May 9, 2017.

1. Hello guys, my name is Jason. For the moment I live in the west part of The Netherlands. I am an absolute newbie photographer, trying to learn as much as possible from videos and forums. Enough for me, I just wanted to say Hello everyone and have a good day :)

2. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Welcome Jason.

3. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Hello Jason! What do you like to photograph?

Cheers,

R.

4. Well, I am an offroad fan and as such my favorit photos are with quads, stuck in the mud, or climbing a hill between the trees. But I am still waiting for that perfect shot, so I can show something I am proud with. Now I am working on something called "Talking Eyes". A photo competition suitable for amateur photographs like me. Here is a link https://www.voubs.com/online-contests/active . As I said I am a newbie, and this is my first competition, but I am decided to give it a try and will see what is going to happen at the end. I will post the photo for the contest later on and ask about your opinions. A little bit of criticism is always more than welcome.

5. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Jason,

Be wary of contests. They can be a great way to learn but they can also be a great way to be distracted from your personal vision. The trick lies in deciding when you've learned enough about pleasing other people, and need to start trying to please yourself.

Cheers,

R.

6. I find your wise advice very useful Roger. I will remember it!

Thank you very much!