1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Japanese Photography

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by Zou, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Done_rundleCams and PhotoEcosse like this.
  2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Very interesting, will watch them all. Lot of sympathy for the more is more concept. Totally alien to much of what we preach of course, but the less is more we preach is only a convention and received wisdom. It is there to be challenged.

3. johnmathew

johnmathew New Member

Thanks for sharing the link.

4. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Yep, thanks for the link, Zou. I watched the Tomoko Sawada (self portrait) series and, fascinating :)

Cheers,

Jack

5. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Must admit, Zou, that I've become a fan of a few Japanese photographers recently, so thanks for the link. Also not that long - 5 or 6 years - a fan of Fan Ho (ho ho but NPI!), a Chinese photographer who died in 2016 and is no longer cranking out his pictorial masterpieces. Did AP do a mention or obituary for him? Don't recall one.

Maybe this should be a bit of a RIP Thread in that only two years ago, I discovered Dave Hendley, a UK photographer who travelled to and photographed in Japan quite a lot. He died in the summer but his Flickr site is still up and well worth a visit. Highly recommended. Happy New Year. Cheers, Oly

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  6. Shinnen

Shinnen Active Member

Hi all,
    I love this painting. I bought it a few years ago, from a woman, on the promise that i would give it a good home. I know that she didn't want to part with it, but didn't know why. I don't think it's Japanese, but have wondered ever since who the artist is, and what the writing on it says. If anyone knows, would you please let me know.
    Thanks,
    ....... john

Oriental Ladies800x655.jpg

7. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Shanghai Garden Takeaway?

Done_rundleCams likes this.