1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

January Theme - Food and Drink

Discussion in 'Forum Competitions and Themes' started by RovingMike, Dec 31, 2017.

1. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

dream_police likes this.
  2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

As it happens, I have just being doing some of this theme from my trip to Shanghai last week.

[​IMG]cooks by Nigel G, on Flickr

RovingMike likes this.
  3. dream_police

Geren and RovingMike like this.
  4. dream_police

Nikonchris and Catriona like this.
  5. dream_police

They were also into mixing dry ice with their takeaway drinks (with a pot of fruit on top) so that the "smoke" was pouring out of the top of the cups as they were using them.

[​IMG]dry ice by Nigel G, on Flickr

6. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Is that in the old quarter, south of the Bund area?

7. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

A feast for the taste buds
    oranges and pomegranates with mint and coriander sugar and plain yogurt - fresh and delicious.

ap  food 4.jpg

dream_police and RovingMike like this.
  8. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Nice theme. I think I'll enjoy this one!

Kate - you have reminded me that I bought some yoghurt to have as an antidote to all the Xmas stodge. I think I'll peel some of my clementines and have them together!

Catriona likes this.
  9. Catriona

If you have anty herbs around basil would probably be nice too if no coriander or mint. You just whizz it up with some sugar and sprinkle it over. It adds such a lovely kick to the oranges and yoghurt.

Geren likes this.
  10. dream_police

The first 2 are in Qibao, an old town, the third one is in "The Old Town" in the street surrounding Yuyuan bazaar area and the last was on the East Nanjing Road.

Their food hygiene isn't upto much either. Neither is the choice of food. The birds on sticks didn't look too appetizing.

We did have several bowls of "Delicious Little Potatoes" which were exactly as described.

RovingMike likes this.
  11. dream_police

Coincidentally I have just got back from the Asian supermarket with stuff that I needed for a curry night for some friends next week including some coriander. I love coriander even if it is "anty"

curry.jpg

Catriona likes this.
  12. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I was too hasty and ate the yoghurt before you posted. However, not all of it, and I do have some coriander bought yesterday for carrot and coriander soup. I can probably save some of it for whizzing with a bit of sugar!

Catriona likes this.
  13. miked

miked Well-Known Member

buonappetito.jpg

dream_police likes this.
  14. Catriona

Strangely, carrot and coriander soup gets my innards, but as above (in sugar) it seems OK. Amazing just how many products it gets included in though.

15. Catriona

Looks promising! ;)

16. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I was in The Flying Horse a couple of weeks ago - I know, very unusual for me - and the landlords of four town centre pubs had got together with a local brewer to make a beer. The landlords of The Flying Horse, The Wellington, The Baum and The Regal Moon got together with the Pictish Brewery to make a beer called 'CoHOPeration'. It would have been rude of me not to have sampled a few pints...

Incidentally, I only had my little Fuji XT-1 with me and I thought it performed quite well hand-held at 1/40th!

[​IMG]Pictish by Jeff Johnson, on Flickr

Cheers, Jeff

RovingMike, miked and Catriona like this.
  17. dream_police

This is an example of the hygiene. this was outside of a butchers. It wasn't nice, my daughter nearly chucked, and the butcher shouted at me when I tried to take a picture inside. If you click on the full size version you can better see the gruesomeness. At least it was only about 13 degrees and not summer!

[​IMG]street butcher by Nigel G, on Flickr

18. dream_police

What a waste. Just dropped a bag containing 2 bottles of wine and 2 bottles of Cava. The Cava survived the wine perished. Luckily it was outside and not on the kitchen floor.

IMG_5438.JPG

RovingMike likes this.
  19. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Oh no! That's criminal!

dream_police likes this.
  20. dream_police

Luckily, it was only from Lidl, and secondly it was my daughters (having said that, i'll have to go and get 2 more bottles).