1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've got the Blues.

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by Brian, Jun 18, 2002.

1. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Inflatable doesn't care for Astia (Nastia he has called it on this very forum in the past). I've used it a couple of times, and quite liked it - perhaps its the closest Fuji equivalent to Kodachrome (though isn't the same by any means).

The incredible memory man

Tim NRIPN

2. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

No beating you Tim. You were even right about you know who, having a you know what in stock. And what a lovely thing you know what is. But Steve tells me you know more about their stock then he does./img/wwwthreads/wink.gifWell you should you seem to have bought most of it./img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Slimey CRIPN

3. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Seems I might not be the only one getting the blues.

Slimey CRIPN

4. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

....look, if you're taliking about that dodgy shipment of videos I got from Amsterdam yesterday I can assure you they're all "educational".

Big(Debbie does Dallas!)Will

<font color=red>My "get up and go's" "got up and went!"

5. TimF

LOL /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif well, you only live once, eh!!

Next thing, Slimey. Do you have a lens hood for that lovely Rollei? There are a couple up on eBay now, ending tonight. I have my eye on one or t'other though, so……………!

Tim NRIPN

6. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Thanks Tim, I bought a brand new one, boxed and cased with the camera. But I am not going to say how much it cost it might offend Bill Gates. By the way that little meter is a beaut.

Slimey CRIPN

7. TimF

if something were guaranteed to offend Bill Gates, I'd definitely say it loud and long!!

Tim NRIPN

8. TimF

Mission accomplished. Secured that sucker for $51 (about £34), so I'm a happy bunny now. /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Tim NRIPN

9. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

£75 BLOODY BILL GATES, DO YOU HEAR?

Do you reckon he heard that Tim. A lot of money but what the hell it had to match the camera and life is too short to worry. Not a bad price on yours though well done./img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Having said it's a lot of money a new one for the Tri-Elmar is £102, but you knew that didn't you. So how many in stock? Your a lucky bugger popping into you know where, but it's a long way for an old Snail to crawl. I'm still playing with the little meter, it's lovely and spot on for accuracy./img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Slimey CRIPN

10. parisian

parisian Well-Known Member

I don't think it is Brian. The film won the TIPP award (photographic oscars)or something last year as the best slide film out there. Given the opposition I'm not sure it could have done that if there was a problem.

<font color=red>Seeing it once is worth a thousand explanations!</font color=red>

11. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

The Inflatable view on slide film and filters for MF and scanning.

OK, I've now reached this thread. Provia 100F is very slightly cool, but I would say it's just about perfect for colour rendition. It's also the finest grained slide film there is (and the second sharpest). I always rate it at ISO 125 to get the best from it. Velvia is sharper, nearly as fine grained, much warmer, and prone to shadows blocking out (not always a bad thing!). Best rated at 40 or 50, IMO. Provia 100 (the old version) - a tiny touch on the warm side of absolutely neutral IMO, but not as fine grained or sharp as the previous two, and not wort thinking about these days. Astia - yes, I have called it Nastia on numerous occaisions, but it's undoubtedly a good film for many subjects. Just not most of mine. It's indeed the closest Fuji film to Kodachrome in colour performance, but with much better greens. To be honest, I don't really know what Kodak slide films are available in 120 these days. I would always stick with Velvia or Provia 100F for MF. And for you, Brian, make it the Provia.
    Now, you've discovered one of the reasons why us colour lot use filters - there are several others, but they're all to do with control of colour and contrast. If you want to try a filter, SRB are lovely and cheap. If you want to use a filter, then the only brand for you and the camera is B W, from one of my favourite optical companies (Schneider, of course!) - the best filters in the world, and I think they make a fair selection in Rollei II bayonet.
    But if I were you, and only intended to scan, I would stick with Provia 100F and twiddle in PS. As you are doing!

Nick BSRIPN

12. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Re: The Inflatable view on slide film and filters for MF and scanning.

Whew at last I seem to have got something right. Cheers Nick but next time you sod off on holiday would you leave a contact address. /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Slimey CRIPN

13. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

No chance!
    (P.S. B W filters really are nice if you ever get tempted that way.)

Nick BSRIPN

14. parisian

parisian Well-Known Member

How can you give a holiday address that says;
    Third cave from the oak tree
    Shacked up with momma bear
    Eating berries and screwing my nuts off
    Zip awk345
    USA

<font color=red>If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough! Robert Capa.</font color=red>