1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've got the Blues.

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by Brian, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Re: I've got the Blues...I haven't

I couldn't help giving it the 2 second 'curve' treatment on the blue channel.

[​IMG]

2. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Re: Hoya and Cokin do them

I'm just passing what's in my copy of the SG catalogue. Maybe it'd be worth calling again to check - you never know your luck.

<font color=red>Is it because I's Jedi?</font color=red>

3. TimF

While the subject's on the boil, there is a guy in America does screens for Rolleis. People on the Rollei list have rated his products higher than Beattie - if I have time I'll try and find his name.

4. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Please Chris reveal all. Thats a damm sight better then I could do with colour balance. But be kind remember you are talking to a Snail of very limited brain.

Slimey CRIPN

5. dogbyte

dogbyte In the Stop Bath

Lets all give ourselves a collective pat on the back - 22 posts as at 22.13hrs and we've stayed on topic, been relevant, and possibly even all learned something! Phew.

Pete IRIPN

6. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

If you have time Tim ( Oh Dear, never mind) I would be very grateful. I did find one outfit in the States but they had to be cut to size.

Slimey CRIPN

7. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Makes a change Pete, and I for one have learned a lot.Just shows that it is possible to learn and I for one have certainly enjoyed receiving the help. Phew also as well.

Slimey CRIPN

8. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Show me how it's done...

Brian... all I did was load the image into PS any version will do, then

1. Image Menu/ Adjust/ Curves
    2. Select the blue channel and in the middle of the curve pull it down ΒΌ inch

[​IMG]

Chris

PS. To get smaller grid increments, hold down ALT and click in the grid area.

PPS. Try this link for a simple curves tutorial: http://www.teamphotoshop.com/photoshop/tutorials/tools/curveadj/curvesadj.php

9. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

10. TimF

Well, we can't have that can we? I blame it on an unexplained absence of our resident paramedic. /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

So who's up for slagging off the camera company of your choice!!!!! /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

11. dogbyte

dogbyte In the Stop Bath

Re: The Magic of Curves!

The only two "howto" sites I keep in my Photoshop Favorites are Gurus and Teamphotoshop

For product reviews I keep imaging-resource, dpreview, and steve's digicams

Two other useful sites are luminous-landscape, and computer-darkroom

This was after a recent clearour of my favorites folder which was getting obese.

Oh and for Tim - my camera company are a bunch of slags

Pete IRIPN

12. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

As I said thanks guys. Just got up and still a bit sleep hung over,( No Will, thats SLEEP). Her indoors reckons I haven't got time to play. We are off to a camera auction somewhere in the North East. The Sun is shining so I've got to take the top off the car and dash. Keep my seat warm as Arnie said, " I will be back". Seems as though I might get to understand 'Curves' at last.

Slimey CRIPN

13. parisian

parisian Well-Known Member

So if 'Er indoors says you haven't got time to play but then you are taking someones top off and dashing isn't this thread deteriorating from the all time record of 31 'on' subject?
    I think we ought to go for a 40 'on' subject I'm sure we can do it. All it needs is some erudite soul to think of one.
    Come on CLIVE you've been eddified - several times we hear - think of a topic that will retain focus

Those whom the Gods wish to destroy, they first make mad/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

14. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

CLIVE! Edified! Dunno about that but he's been deadified at least twice! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Big(31 is plenty!)Will

<font color=red>I prick the over-inflated baloon of pomposity with the arrowhead of absurdity!

15. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Thanks Chris, your explanation was clear enough even for an old snail to follow. I've tried it and with a little fettling I reckon I don't need to bother with the filter, even if I could find one. Well I'll get one if I happen to fall on one, but for now I feel happy enough with the Photoshop 6 magic.

Another little question to sidestep the Irish Gnome. Do Provia users find that the manufacturers recommended rating is about right? My 100ASA rating seemed to have caused over exposure. No before anybody ask's I checked the new Rollei's readout against my M6 and my trusty Weston,all bang on over a broad range of lighting conditions. Its amazing how good the selinium cell meter in the 33 year old Rollei is, although the Weston is nearer half a century young.

And just to deviate. The camera auction was crap but the pub lunch superb. Also reminded me how beautiful North Yorkshire is.

Slimey CRIPN

16. parisian

parisian Well-Known Member

Somebody told me years ago to always underexpose transparency film by about half a stop (unless I was using K 25) and I do it now without thinking. I used Provia in France recently on that basis and it was fine.
    I just know somebody with more experience is going to slaughter that comment but for my eyes the result is what I want. I also always use a 1B on every lens unless other filtration is needed.

Those whom the Gods wish to destroy, they first make mad/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

17. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

I think you are probably right Peter. So if anyone wants a fight there are two of us. Anyway reloaded the Rollei, set the speed rating accordingly so we shall see what tomorrow brings forth.

Annie has just asked me why I am looking at a thread on the GX, now I wonder why?/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

So why would the Gods wish to destroy me?

Slimey CRIPN

18. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Make that three Slimey! I know sweet fanny adams about slide film but nobodys going to pick on my little slimey pal and his welsh sidekick without taking on the "Magnificent Three!" now all we have to do is teach this village full of cowardly mexicans how to shoot straight and we'll be invincible!

Big(An englishman an irishman and a welshman!)Will

<font color=red>I prick the over-inflated balloon of pomposity with the arrowhead of absurdity!

19. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

So thats it, a demented Irishman, a soon to be a Leica owner Welshman and a demented Snail from Leeds. Who can doubt here is a trio who can conquer the World.

Slimey CRIPN

20. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Thanks Chris still a crap shot but the Blues have gone[​IMG]

Slimey CRIPN