1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It makes sense to me.

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by Brian, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

I have said for my casual type photography the X100T is the best camera ever made.

So, I've sold it.........why?

Well I also acquired an XPro2 and a basket full of beautiful lenses. But I just never use them. Look at my Flickr account, about 75% are with the wee one. So a dilemma, sell up and keep the little un, spend the proceeds on wild woman or song or remove the addiction from the equation. So the X100T has gone off to Denmark, or it would be it's coming back for me to remove the spare battery from the box......don't ask.

So now off to Brighton tomorrow, Am I I taking the XPro2? Well not exactly, I I forgot to mention...........I bought a lovely new black XT20 to keep the XPro2 company.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  2. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

I was going to suggest the X100F, Brian, but, that would pretty much duplicate your XPro2 and your three f/2 lenses ;) The XT-20 is a cracker, as well, although,
    I've, now, got a number of customers looking at the XE-3 as their "small(er)" camera and, as some folks, say, a Mini XPro2 although, not quite ;).

BTW, how was the trip to Brighton and which camera and lens(es) got the most usage?

Cheers,

Jack

3. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Only took the XT20 with the 18-55mm........why would anyone need more? Only took about 6/8 pictures, second day had to come home. Real full blown flue, three weeks in bed, now a week on and still feeling very wobbly.

No, the X 100 cameras have one great fault, the bottoms are too vulnerable. This is why I now think the XT20 is the best in the current line up for everyday use, the buttons are far fewer and not scattered all over.

I know Fuji models can be quite confusing but how about the XT20, mono version? Remove EVF and bump. Replace same with XPro2 optical finder. Do away with the touch screen, in fact remove the LCD entirely. Chuck all the silly multinfunction buttons, shooting mode monochrome only . Get rid of all the menus. Double the price if you like......Leica get away with it.

Had a play with a Leica the other day don't t remember the model but the design was to die for, even the strap fixing points were a work of art.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  4. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

Brian
    As far as I can tell, There is no difference in the quality of Your Fuji shots with any of the various cameras that you have had.
    They all seem to suit your style.
    I think you have two overlapping hobbies, one swapping new cameras and lenses, and the other, taking your famous mono grunge shots.
    Just keep on enjoying yourself.....

Roger Hicks and Done_rundleCams like this.
  5. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Funnily enough I used the same make of 35mm from 1960 until 2000. Plus a couple of Rollies, and a brief short lived affair with Hasselblad. Then digital came along so changed to Nikon, hated them and virtually gave up photography. Then Fuji came up with a with a decent system, bit of swapping around but reckon I'm settled now until I buy the farm.

6. Done_rundleCams

I agree, Brian, with the doing away of the touch screen :) although, I do like Fuji's idea of the "joystick" and being able to control the size and placement of
    the focus point :). Although, why anyone would want to use anything other than centre point, is beyond me ;)

I'm guessing, you might have been playing with the M10, Leica camera wise.

Cheers and hope you're feeling better soon :)

Jack

7. Done_rundleCams

Ditto, Terry, ditto :)

Cheers,

Jack

8. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Terry,

No, no: he's a Photographer, capital P. Just ask him.

And photography isn't about enjoying yourself. Or about taking pictures. It's about agonizing over cameras, That's why I bought a new one about 3 years ago (full frame DSLR to replace faulty crop DSLR) and why I have no plans to buy a new one. I'm not a photographer, you see. Never have been...

Cheers,

R.

9. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

I quite like to buy the odd new camera myself, that is why I have the entire range of Fuji X10, X20 and X30 cameras. The X30 is the camera I now use most, despite and perhaps because of its diminutive sensor, and as a byproduct of this, a useful focal length range and maximum aperture, in a smallish package... Yet it is sufficiently large to fit comfortably in my hands and has all the controls one might find on a DSLR. And it is more than good enough Quality wise, to satisfy my needs for prints and web use.

I also have the Fuji XE2 and 18-55 lens, Which is capable of far higher quality when I need it. But is in my opinion a far less rounded and usable camera.
    Like most photographers, I also have a fair number of cameras from the past, that I have not used in a long time, including just one DSLR.

Unlike Brian I never seem to get round to flogging off anything... On the principal, if it was useful once, it could be again.

10. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

Same here, but I did buy a crop DSLR as well - both with the same lens fitting. I don't intend to get anymore so they, along will my collection of lenses, will have to last me out.

11. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

" Unlike Brian I never seem to get round to flogging off anything... On the principal, if it was useful once, it could be again.
    Read more at http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/forums/threads/it-makes-sense-to-me.134549/#ucBrDomsCcXPX4Lz.99"

" I think you have two overlapping hobbies, one swapping new cameras and lenses, and the other, taking your famous mono grunge shots.
    Just keep on enjoying yourself.....
    Read more at http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/forums/threads/it-makes-sense-to-me.134549/#ucBrDomsCcXPX4Lz.99"

This got me thinking about cameras I have loved and "lost" in fact it's very few.

1954/5 Ensign Selfie 16/20.........still got!
    Periflex 2........fell to pieces within a very short space.
    Rollicord 5 B(?)......sold because posting to Germany came through.
    Pentacon D......Copy of Contax D but nailed together by East German farm workers.
    Leica 111G........start of a long relationship. 111G was followed by M2, then two M2-2, an M5 and M6. Was having eye sight problems so along came 2 R3s.
    2 Nikon F3HPs......too big, replaced by 2 FM2ns.
    Leica Digilux 2.......great camera, handled like a brick and the EVF was rubbish.

But digital was coming in so....

Nikon D70.....thought it horrible.
    Nikon D200......thought it worse.

Gave up and bought a Panasonic 4/3rd thingy and photographed my dog.

Then last year discovered Fuji. Bit of a settling in but the fun is back.

So despite comments I don't see myself as much of a retailers Golden Calf. 20 cameras in 63 years doesn't seem excessive.

Oh yes 100 or so Pre 1960 Contax and Kievs, 3 Rolleis, a couple of Hasselblad and other bits and pieces, but they are for Collector not Happy Snapper Tompkins.;)

Mr Hicks,

I have been a member of this forum for some seventeen years. You have the distinction of being the only member I have elected to ignore.

Please would you return the compliment?