1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It has Happened again

Discussion in 'News - Discussion' started by JMACNALLY, Feb 25, 2001.

1. JMACNALLY

JMACNALLY RIP

This week-end Curry's are offering the Fuji FinePix 2200 for £180, just as Dixon's were last week. This time it was spotted by my followers and they are now happy owners. These promotions MUST be known about, so why don't we get advance notice from the Dixon's Group. Last week they plainly said that this was a one off and would not be repeated! As PC World is part of the group I wouldn't mind betting that these stores will be doing the same deal next week-end.

Anyone who hasn't yet gone across the digital barrier, this is a very good opportunity to buy a good spec camera at a greatly reduced price. USB connection only so I suggest that a card reader (Swift or Jessops) is the best option.

2. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Hi John. When Dixons said it was a one off they were probably referring to Dixons only. Although Dixons, Currys and PC World are indeed all part of the one group, they seem to follow their own respective agendas as far as marketing and promotion is concerned. I agree entirely that this is both frustrating and annoying to the consumer who ultimately loses out by the lack of a co-ordinated sales approach. It would be of benefit to Dixons and consumers in the longterm if they "got their act together" and gave unified notice of all promotions as a "group" rather than pretending they don't know each other!
    BigWill

3. JMACNALLY

JMACNALLY RIP

So you didn't rush out and get one, Will?

New member Laurie might be worth a chat. He has posted in Digital, but his bio makes him close to you.

By the way Laurie, Welcome. You will find us generally only too happy to help each other with our little problems, but you have to become a member of the "Fogies Forum" to get insulted!

4. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

2.1 megapixels! Nah, just can't cut it for serious pictures, but would definetly make a great snapshot camera and a real bargain to-boot! May I echo John's sentiments Laurie, am looking forward to seeing your photos.
    BigWill

5. SCT

SCT Well-Known Member

Hi Big Will,

I dont think they are un-cordinated. They shift the sales promo around so as to get the punter to move to each of the different shops in the chain. Remember a lot of punters do not know or care that these shopes are all part of the same group.

BTW why go to Dixons for photo gear. The guys are not expert (and remember the true discription..... a drip under pressure) in this field.

Use Jessops, or support your local shop.

Steve

p.s. It is persentanly raining here in Vienna. So no playing with Nikon tonite.

6. JMACNALLY

JMACNALLY RIP

I am normally the first to recommend Jessops etc. but Dixon's were making a huge reduction on this model. All has ended happily!