1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a "one stop" edit/slide show program available?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by Novice John, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Novice John

Novice John New Member

I have a Fuji HS10 bridge camera which I use to take stills and video.
    All I want to do is simply edit, then produce a simple slide show (using both formats) and then burn to a disc to watch on our TV.
    I have trialled Adobe, Corel, Nero, NCH and Pinnacle, but all are clunky, particularly in the transfer from edit to slide show production.
    Does anyone know of a firm that caters for the millions of us who simply want to transfer our camera's still and video to a slide show, using one program?
    Novice John

2. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

If you're using Windows, have you tried Windows Live Movie Maker? It's a standard part of the Windows installation, so should already be on your computer. I've played with it in the past when I was planning to make a video combining video and stills, and it looked as though it would do what I wanted, although I've not used it enough to give a meaningful recommendation. But it all looked easy enough, and I believe others here have made positive comments about it here in the past.

3. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

I note a sense of frustration in your question. You're not just simply moving still and video to a slide show are you?. You want to edit them in between, so requiring extra editing tools.

Have a look at Picasa - that has edit and slideshow :D