1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Martin Parr responsible ....

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by Malcolm_Stewart, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

...for the recent short BBC TV video clips showing a group of bathers about to enter a very cold sea? and similar?
    The style, without any obvious lead in, strikes me as his or based on his work from a few years ago.

2. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

3. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link.
    Hmmm. They might be showing "oneness" within themselves, but it's not something I share. I suspect the sea bathers had waited far too long before they were allowed to continue with their pleasure.

4. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

"Is Martin Parr responsible"? (Is this a question from a photography exam?) 'Nuff said!

Lynn

5. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I'm not so impressed with the sea bathers, but I have to admit that the one with the Llantrisant wheelchair rugby players seems quite well done and lets a bit of the individual characters of the players come through.

Cheers, Jeff

6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

The producer is responsible. Parr is the content provider. Funnily, I saw the news that the "joiners" were going to be based on Parr's work in a decision to abandon the circle theme but I can't say I have actually noticed one being broadcast yet.

7. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I've seen the swimmers and the exercise class so far. The link to Parr didn't really strike me with the swimmers, but was the first thing I thought of when I saw the exercise class. There's one woman in the front row really giving it a lot more energy than the rest, and she stands out among the crowd. Without her, I'm not sure I'd have got Parr either to be honest. Glad I wasn't imagining things.

8. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I wonder why W1A seems to have almost sunk from view? BBC don't seem to want to repeat it or even sell it to Dave.

9. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

?

10. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

This.

11. Jimbo57

Jimbo57 Well-Known Member

I must confess that I find myself looking away from the TV when those sequences come on. I much preferred the circling hippopotami and dogs jumping through flaming hoops. Even the mowing circles had a certain pleasing symmetry.

Why Auntie thinks we want to look at obese ugly people farting about in the sea defies comprehension.

12. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

The one with all of the cyclists in the rainbow-coloured ponchos riding from all directions and circling around that roundabout always left me feeling somewhat unsettled. The main reason for my discomfort was the poor pedestrians who were trying to cross the road. The version that they used to show before Dr Who with the Dalek in the centre of the roundabout shooting at the cyclists used to make me feel a little better.

Cheers, Jeff

Geren likes this.
  13. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Makes the programmes look better? ;)

PhotoEcosse likes this.