1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone

Discussion in 'News - Discussion' started by Jonathon, Jan 9, 2007.

1. scm

scm Well-Known Member

Re: iGroan

I do, my battery's packing up! :(

2. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

No you need a new battery.

Graeme

3. scm

scm Well-Known Member

Well, if I can get a replacement phone for nothing, or pay for a new battery, which should I choose? ;)

4. ahar

ahar Well-Known Member

Of course. The more gadgets the better

5. DS2

DS2 Well-Known Member

Re: As Could Have Been Predicted....

My bet is on Cisco to win the lawsuit.

Cheers,
    Simon

6. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

If so, it's the kind of "managed democracy" beloved of President Putin for example. In other words, not a democracy at all. Slick marketing has convinced people that they can't do without all this unecessary nonsense on top.

7. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Here's what to do with it when it's failed miserably...

WARNING: not suitable for work...

8. T_Sargeant

T_Sargeant Well-Known Member

Re: As Could Have Been Predicted....

Mmmm, I'd expect some kind of settlement.

9. DS2

DS2 Well-Known Member

:D LOL, Nick.

Cheers,
    Simon

10. ChrisBarker

ChrisBarker Well-Known Member

To paraphrase:

It's just a camera, does the world need another camera?

Probably not, but a LOT of people frequenting this site would say 'Yes' as it now has 112 points to meter on instead of 111, or it's 10.1 MP not 9.9, or it focuses 30 microseconds quicker..... you get my point. :)

11. Jaded

Jaded Well-Known Member

12. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

Isn't this the problem with the iPhone, and most other electronic gadgets these days - there is so much rubbish included, that they have lost sight of what the gadget was originally meant for?

Please, will someone produce a mobile phone that is easy to use?

13. Jaded

Jaded Well-Known Member

I think that is the point of the iPhone. ;)

14. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I have a phone, with a camera and a music player and a radio etc. I assume the radio works, I have never tried it. I can't try the music player, I don't have any MP3 files. The camera works but it isn't what you would call high quality. I sometimes use the diary, because I can actually remember to carry a phone. Game, yes it has games, not really interested in the games.

I can understand that people don't want to carry half a dozen gadgets around but stick them all in one box and it isn't going to be really good at any one of the functions.

Don't think I'll bother thanks.

15. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

I believe that Steve Jobs (dictatorial ruler at Apple) has said in the past that people don't want 'convergent' devices - i.e. they like to have a separate phone, MP3 player, PDA etc.

He also said there would be no market for a handheld video player, as you can't really watch video doing other things, like running, whereas you CAN listen to music. Also, no-one would want to store movies, as unlike music you can't keep playing the same ones over and over. So Apple would not be making one.

Looks like he's changed his minds on both counts! Of course, he'd probably say that the Video iPod is primarily an MP3 player with video added on; but the iPhone seems to be an all-in-one (I'd still like one, though) :D

16. chris000

chris000 Well-Known Member

I'm with you Geoff. I reluctantly own a mobile 'phone but all I can do is make and receive 'phone calls with it, it has no other functions at all :eek:

But "A fool and his money are soon parted" is one of the underpinning principles of marketing, and it's the reason why manufacturers will always continue to produce unnecessary gadgets such as this

17. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

Why?

18. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

Good question!

Actually, I'd probably only play with it when I first got it, then consign to the drawer like my iPod (which I do actually use - but mostly for backing up files from my PC) :rolleyes:

19. Jaded

Jaded Well-Known Member

I'm sure many people would argue that it is a far more necessary gadget than a DSLR. ;)

20. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

They might - but they would be sad, stupid people who would be wrong. :D