1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone

Discussion in 'News - Discussion' started by Jonathon, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Jonathon

Jonathon Well-Known Member

2. T_Sargeant

T_Sargeant Well-Known Member

Well, there were lots of rumours about it... I wonder whether it will revolutionise things in the same way as the iPod, or whether it'll just be a flash in the pan.

3. Woolliscroft

Woolliscroft Well-Known Member

Wow and no camera (or fridge, kettle......)

4. robc

robc Well-Known Member

Personally I cant wait to get my hands on one of these...to the extent I will go to the US and get one in June if it will accept my SIM (serious Mac addict / Mac Geek I admit). The thought of having an Apple phone based on Mac OS X, that double as my iPod and has full iTunes functionality genuinely fills me with joy!

(it does have a camera - 2 mega-pixel, not that I will ever use it.)

5. Woolliscroft

Woolliscroft Well-Known Member

Oh, so it does. No kettle though, I was right about something :eek:

6. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Wow! That is a serious case of geekdom. ;)

7. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Believe me it is geek-fest in here this morning. We have the MacWorld Expo running on the other laptop so we can watch it over breakfast. The b/f is staring with jaw on floor and sticky mess on sofa.

8. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

TMI! :rolleyes:

9. mjc7uk

mjc7uk Well-Known Member

Just why?...

I wouldn't want to use such device if the computer can do such activities. I just want to use the phone to send SMS period!

I wouldn't be surprise if some numbskull going to sue Apple due the paint peeling from the device or they bump into the lamppost when they was watching the movies or whatsnots!

Bah!

10. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Wonder if it will have the same features as the iPod...

Easily cracked screen that Apple won;t replace without payment.

Sealed battery that you can't replace without sending it to Apple (with payment)

I can just imagine people being without the iPhones for several weeks as Apple repair it. NOT!

11. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

So...its a mobile phone??

Graeme

12. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Hopefully it will also put the fear of God up the mobile phone network providers, so you have a mobile phone which bybasses their charges, uses your Internet providers Broadband connection, so no international call charges!
    Now, that would be innovative!

13. robc

robc Well-Known Member

Oh yes - self-admiting Mac geek ;)
    I will admit...I am genuinely excited by this phone (yes, there was a moment when I questioned my own worth when I realised I was excited by a phone, but this is quite simply the coolest thing ever invented if you ask me!

Like Erm's bf, I have downloaded and watched all the keynote speeches from Mac Expo - now THAT is geekdom!

14. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Looks a really nice bit of kit. Would personally prefer an Apple PDA instead. As a phone it's like all other PDA styles, too big. My Nokia 6230 is about the right size for me.

I'm sure it's not as tough as my Nokia is either, pity but it's just not for me. That said it scores 100 on the gadgetometer and is worth a look in!

15. AJUK

AJUK Well-Known Member

I like to call it the HypePod

16. robc

robc Well-Known Member

I know that Apple have had a bad rap on the repairs front and am not going to debate it. However, my personal experience of Apple has been this: - there have been three times that I've had an Apple product fail or incur damage for one reason or another. I have emailed Apple, they courier me a box in which to package said item and a paid label for the courier company. I send item, and within a week I have had a brand new one couriered to me.
    If I have sent old models and they still have them in stock they send a brand new one of that model, if they dont have stock, I have got a brand new one of the latest model.

All at no cost, not even postage. And no questions asked, no quibbles, no problems, nothing. This has included a year old blue-tooth mouse and a two year old ipod - both of which I could have been put down to wear and tear and were out of warranty - yet I got brand new ones for free!

Now that is customer service.

17. Jaded

Jaded Well-Known Member

I think you mean HypePhone.

18. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Snap, I have only had something fail on me once, and I received a couriered, paid-for box next day to send it back in and it was returned within the week.

19. rarepleasures

rarepleasures Member

Re: Apple Service

That was my experience when my iBook suffered video card failure. They waved the £200 repair fee.

Mr Erm

20. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

As Could Have Been Predicted....

.... here comes a lawsuit. ;)