1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone query

Discussion in 'Smartphone photography' started by pixelpuffin, Aug 20, 2016.

1. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

My original contract iphone (4s 8gb) filled up within the first year of my 2yr Vodafone contract. I purchased a used 4s 64gb off eBay to see me through the 2nd year. My contract ended 3wks ago, the used 4s/64gb phone I had purchased to see me through was working fine so I decided to get sim only contract. Typically the lock button stopped working today. I'm away for a couple of weeks so will try to hunt down another iphone on my return (5s or 5SE 64gb) in the meantime can I get my original 4s 8gb back out of its box and delete ALL photos ? They are all duplicated on the 4s 64gb plus on iCloud too. Just wanted to double check that by deleting off my 4s8gb will not also delete from 4s64gb or iCloud.

Sorry, I'm not very tech savvy.

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

If they are on iCloud (which I don't knowingly use) then deleting them on the phone and synchronising may delete them from iCloud too. You have to be careful to understand how your situation is if you have multiple synchronised devices. I keep a separate backup of a local copy of everything I use the Microsoft Cloud services for. My iPad and (less often) my iPhone I back up to computer using iTunes and I would suggest you do the same.

3. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

Ah.. That was my worry, hence why I posed the question. I'm not very tech savvy.

I was forced onto iCloud as I ran out of space whilst away last October. It was actually at that point that I purchased the bigger iPhone via eBay ready for when I returned home. Believe it or not, we no longer have a PC in the house. Just multiple tablets and smartphones. I was almost forced into having to buy another PC when I started taking soccer shots of my lad....luckily I stumbled upon the Toshiba Thrive tablet which after overcoming initial teething problems actually now does all I require.
    At a guess there's approximately 900 images mostly family snaps on the 4s - I'd be inclined to have them printed off rather than buy another PC if I'm honest. The video footage I can email to my partners iPad....most of which ( only 6) are already on her iPad anyway.