1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Kator Grond, May 9, 2017.

1. Kator Grond

Kator Grond Active Member

Hello everyone

My name is Piotr. I am from Poland but work and live in UK. Just found myself in photography three months ago.
    Making picture of everything and everywhere to get experience.
    Olympus om-d em-1 + zuiko lenses.

2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Welcome along Piotr. Join in and enjoy. There are a couple of Oly users knocking around here somewhere. :)

Kator Grond likes this.
  3. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Piotr,

Welcome!

Do you spend much time in Poland? I wish I could spend more time there, even though my Polish is non existent and my German (other than English the most useful common language) not much better. Even in rural France I have good Polish friends; and I remember with affection a Polish girlfriend from my university days. Her parent were married in 1939 and separated shortly afterwards. When they met again in London in 1947 -- one getting on a bus, and the other getting off it -- each had thought the other was dead. My girlfriend was born very nearly nine months to the day afterwards. Where are you now, Ekaterina Barbara Irena?

Or to quote a Polish friend of someone I knew in Bristol, "We are one people." I'm a Cornishman, incidentally...

Na zdrowie!

R.

4. Kator Grond

Kator Grond Active Member

Thanks for replay. Two times every year I am going to Poland. Can't wait this year as going there with camera now, so planing to do a lot of pictures!! As I am from the most beautiful part of that country in my opinion "Warmia i Mazury" we call it!! Check it on internet. So exited about it.
    BTW nice story in Your post!

5. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Ah, well: in the 18th century my wife's several-times-great grandfather left Koenigsberg. Or Kaliningrad.

As I say: "We are one people".

Looking forward to your pictures of Warmia i Mazury.

Na zdrowie,

R.