1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest,

Apologies for the issues that you may be experiencing with the AP forum. While not ideal, it is reported that access can be gained by using Internet Explorer or MS Edge browsers. Hopefully normal access will be restored though perhaps not until Monday.
    Dismiss Notice

Into hospital tomorrow

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Roger Hicks, Mar 6, 2019.

1. TimHeath

TimHeath Well-Known Member

Good luck Roger but I’m sure you won’t need it.

2. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I hope that all goes well.

3. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Best wishes Roger, hope everything is ok.

4. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Get well soon Roger

5. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Best wishes to you, hope everything goes ok. I was just thinking, based on the way NHS hospitals are going 'downhill' at the moment, you'd probably come out dyed a different colour! ...

6. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

I thought Roger was in France - where they don't have any such problems...

7. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

I should have made it clearer that I was comparing the funding of Frances' hospital system to that in the UK

8. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

It sounds like a problem with your white balance - have you tried taking a reading from a neutral gray card?

Seriously though, I hope everything goes well and and that you're back among us with a less lemony hue soon.

Cheers, Jeff

daft_biker and Zou like this.
  9. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Get well soon

10. miked

miked Well-Known Member

See you in a week or so, Roger. Be courteous to the medical staff, especially the ones who 'refresh' the parts that others may not mention. Hope you've delivered a number of advance articles for our favourite photography magazine.

11. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Hope all goes well, and you have a positive experience of French healthcare.

12. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

The service is magnificent. Rolled up "cold" yesterday at Loudun hospital with no more than a letter from my GP and within hours had ultrasound, CAT scan and blood tests. Later that day, transferred to the teaching hospital at Poitiers. Expecting to see the consultant any minute now (nearly mid-day). More news after I've spoken to him!

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Cheers,

R.

13. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Just saw this thread. Best wishes Roger. I hope all goes well.

14. David Loxley

David Loxley Well-Known Member

Hey up, Roger, this is a bit of 'blind-sider'.
    I trust all will go well .
    We have missed your posts.

Best wishes for a speedy return home
    D.Lox.

15. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Yeah, well, could be worse -- but not a lot. Ultrasound and CAT scan point to liver and pancreatic cancer. That's what a career in journalism will do to you. Hoping to go home for tonight but will have to be back in tomorrow evening. Biopsies and bilirubin drainage next week. Decide on treatment (or otherwise) on the results of the biopsy.

Cheers (if that's the right word),

R.

16. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Oh Roger. I'm so sorry to hear your news. That looks like a heck of a good hospital you are with. I wish you the best of treatment and hopes for a good outcome.

RogerMac and Roger Hicks like this.
  17. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

As Kate says, I hope the outcome is positive.

Not nice either way though.

S

Roger Hicks likes this.
  18. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear this, Roger, and I hope that the next tests hold better news.

I understand, from what you (and others) have said, that the French Health Service is first class. All the very best.

RogerMac likes this.
  19. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Everything that Kate said squared.
    Best of everything including luck

20. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Not much else to say, other than wishing you all the best Roger.