1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inspirational quotes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zou, Aug 29, 2017.

1. miked

miked Well-Known Member

"Seduce The Wayward Womenfolk?" or (in a Scottish voice), A meringue?

2. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Yer wrang. Or at least, if my understanding is correct you are. It's a list of things to ensure you have on your person. Spectacles, Testicles, Wallet and Watch.

3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

An old friend of mine used to include it as part of his morning routine. SSS followed by STWW. The first three S's took place in the bathroom.

4. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

For reference we were discussing why it takes women so much longer to get ready to go anywhere. We were comparing what we each considered 'necessary' to do and gather together before we were 'ready'. He insisted that all he needed of a morning was SSSSTWW. I argued about his ordering of the three S's as I felt that doing one of them after you shower and before you shave would undo the good work of the shower and make shaving an unnecessarily stinky affair. However I lost the argument entirely when my own acronym ended up longer than the alphabet.

5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

The three S's I have always known are in the correct order 5h1t, shower, shave

6. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

aka the Sign of the Cross.

7. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

That's the order I'd have thought too. He insisted that you shower first and shave last. His logic being...well I can't even remember now, but suffice to say, wrong.

8. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Doh! Of course...I did wonder why the clergy would be involved. Now it all makes sense.

9. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Funnily enough, even though I was brought up RC, I'd never heard it until I saw Nuns on the Run on TV, in which the Robbie Coltrane character uses it to explain how to do the SotC to the Eric Idle character.

10. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

When my son was about 6 years old he developed a simple code system to plan his day.

For example:

GU = get up
    EB = eat breakfast
    GTS = go to school

etc.

One day his mother and I were puzzled by the entry SF

On enquiry, he advised us that SF = Speech Ferapist.

Prior to that we had been in denial about his need for any of that!

Trannifan, Geren and dream_police like this.
  11. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Oh how I love that!

12. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

You sure your son wasn't saying this person was 'Pissed'?

13. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Or a "Stupid F"

S