1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm new to the AP forum

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Bam Bam, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Sorry Bam Bam no point in a meet up................I don't enjoy the company of male photographers and we should need an interpreter.

I make an exception for young Barney, although I'm not really sure if indeed he goes against my criteria on either count.

P.S. Perhaps I should explain. Barney is a drop dead gorgeous hunk of Testosterone dripping manhood from Harrogate, intelligent, world traveler, Bon Viveur etc etc

At least that's what he told me, heavily into arm wrestling and drinks too much.

2. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Hmmm, that must be a reference to another newcomer to the forums.

3. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Ah Brian, you old smoothy! It's about time I wrestled your arm behind your back again to persuade you to have a pint again, as long as you promise not to be a bad influence on me, I'm only young. *ahem*

4. Bam Bam

Bam Bam Member

No problem Brian, it was just a suggestion while I had my overfull wallet in my hand rather than at the bottom of my pocket where I cant reach it. ;)

5. dachs

dachs Well-Known Member

dear BT that's true. However, at least the original post seems to have slipped happily straight into the madness that is here. We may assume he is on medication.

One point only of issue - someone wrote 'get posting' - oh yes, that's fun certainly, even I do it from my lofty position above you all, but first 'get photographing' is more the point of the hobby. Goes and stuffs another shirt, garummmmppphhh

6. dachs

dachs Well-Known Member

Kjaere BT (again) - and no I am not stalking, but you made reference to herr "Bam Bam's" possible male gender. As a new junior member of forums, kindly instruct how this is determined? He may be the female of some particular species?

7. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

You seem to have not only assumed Bam Bam's gender as male, but also that they are of German/Austrian/Swiss origin, by use of the the title of 'Herr', can you please explain how? :)

8. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

I think this gave it away. :D

Keep up. :)

9. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Dachs, yet another misconception.

If I spoke Norwegian I might feel insulted, you are far far too old for me sweetie. Although on the other hand, are you rich?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  10. dachs

dachs Well-Known Member

BT Sir; (utterly formal) I am fairly comfortable, but as you say, much too old, and you do appear to have a smattering of Norske, as I'd expect of an experienced wide-ranging brilliant mind. Thank you for the sweetie, as you would know, I have been called worse, many, many, times.

Bawbee, I could tell all that because I also used BT's magic app which nails down the gender, nationality, colour of grandmother's eyes, house number etc. You should download it. We await confirmation of it's accuracy of course, from the original poster-person (assuming it is a person).

Confused of Croydon.

11. Bam Bam

Bam Bam Member

Thanks PS. :)

Yes I am male. My real name is Nigel and I live in what once was a small mining village on the outskirts of Leeds and yes! I am proud to be a Yorkshire man but I speak English with very little Yorkshire accent but can speak the dialect faultlessly if need be. Bam Bam is a nickname given to me because of the way I used to take photographs, I would point the camera and... Bam Bam, there go a couple of shots. As for my opening introduction I have invested in new kit and once I have shots to post for appraisal I will do so and will relish any constructive criticism given. However, having fun while taking photographs is what makes my life so rich as I am extremely enthusiastic about my chosen hobby even if I am rubbish at it. What adds to my enthusiasm though is communicating with like minded people in a humorous, light hearted manner to brighten the days when I don't have a camera in my hands.

Thanks to all who have welcomed me so far to this excellent forum. :)

12. dachs

dachs Well-Known Member

bam bam you are still very very welcome, if you can survive this whirligig madhouse (caused mostly by BT and Bench) you are an all right being. Nothing wrong with blasting off shots the minute you see a picture, but I find some of my best are when I go back a few minutes later and walk about and 'work' the view. For street pix, bam bam is often the only way.
    Best of luck old fruit

13. Bam Bam

Bam Bam Member

Thanks for the welcome and the advice Dachs :)

I've managed to settle back a bit over the last few months and started to think before pushing the button so my pics are improving, especially with the new camera and lens. I'm out at a 1960s theme weekend this Saturday in Howarth, does that class as street pics? I hope to put a picture or two on the forum next week for comment.

14. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Dachs,

You wouldn't happen to be a psychologist of 50 years standing, would you? :eek:

15. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

I thought the new member was a big fan of the Flintstones with the Bam Bam name. :D

16. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Hold on, just because you feel rejected is no cause to be spiteful and bitchy. I can understand you getting at me but why be dismissive of Bam Bam and address him in lower case?

17. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Before we had this 'Welcome ' room most newcomers sank or swam in the lounge. Of course some newcomers chose the less aggressive rooms actually devoted to photography or even those devoted to the technical niceties. I think that you will swim rather than sink so stick your neck out in the lounge.
    As a tyke in exile (in Nottingham) I think that we can say that we can stick together when it matters but that Barney bloke in Harrogate and I have been known to disagree, but always in a very respectable manner.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  18. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Does he mean me?

Anyway, I'm most remiss. Welcome from an exiled Leodiensian. :cool:

19. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

20. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

I think describing yourself as a 'Tyke' a rough ill-mannered person, bit of a boor, a mongrel, is being a little hard on yourself..............................on the other hand.