1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm new to the AP forum

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Bam Bam, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Bam Bam

Bam Bam Member

Just want to introduce myself and to say hello to everyone on the forum. I've been taking pictures for a while now with a Canon 350D & kit lens and more recently a 40D & EF S 17-85 IS. I've just upgraded my kit to a Canon 5D MKII and a EF L 24-105 F4 IS and EF L 70-200 F2.8 IS. Now it's time to get serious and I need all the help and advice I can get. I've been a reader of AP for a long time and this forum looks like a great place for help.

Cheers
    Bam Bam.

Older people have fun too! :cool:

2. Johnd83

Johnd83 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the AP forum.

3. mediaman

mediaman Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum..

4. Bam Bam

Bam Bam Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guy's, I'm looking forward to lots of photography related banter on here.

Cheers
    Bam Bam

Older people have fun too!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  5. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

'ey up Bam Bam! Welcome t'forum.

Si'thee sen down and enjoy. ;)

6. Bam Bam

Bam Bam Member

Eee bah gum lad, thas a gent. Lol! :D

7. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

You've got the kit now get posting:D

8. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Myk, how many times have I told you not to use Babelfish?

'Bam Bam might have an excuse, you certainly haven't, after all he does use Canon and one must not knock the afflicted.............it's not PC, just not done old boy.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  9. TheFatControlleR

Babelfish, schmabelfish. I was relying on memory but it's been far too long since I left 'God's county' - not that I'm born and bred (nor thick in t'head). ;)

But yes, I hope my 'Officer Crabtree' accent hasn't caused offence.

10. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Yorkshire born, Yorkshire bred, Strong int'arm, un good in bed, Shirely? :D

11. Bam Bam

Bam Bam Member

LOL! I knew I was going to like this forum. Nice to talk to like minded people, keep the humor coming. Eee eckie thump mi luvs a gud laff tha nose. ;)

I'm out next weekend at a 60s theme event at Howarth near Bradford and I'll post some of the pics for comment as soon as possible.

12. TheFatControlleR

Bronte country, eh. I'm sure the locals will remind you too. ;)

13. Bam Bam

Bam Bam Member

Heathcliff wont get a look-in when I get there TFC ;)

14. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Myk I blame you for starting this music hall parody of Northern dialect.

At least that is what I suspect it is, I for one haven't got an inkling of understanding . In fact it reads more Ken Dodd than Patrick Stewart.

15. TheFatControlleR

Well, I blame The Goodies, especially that B'l'oddie bloke, you know, the bearded tit. ;)

[video=youtube;SuP1eycaA6c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuP1eycaA6c[/video]

16. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

[​IMG]

Sorry double posting but I couldn't resist.:)

17. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

That's the Yorkshire lasses version I think. The lads version includes the phrase "long in the arm":D

18. Bam Bam

Bam Bam Member

This thread is causing some real belly laughs. Thanks TFC. Thas gorra tand it tunt lotten thi, thas crakt mi ribs!

If any of you tykes (or others) are up for a meet one weekend at an event or even just a get together for a cuppa, some cake and a chat let me know and we will get something organised. Always up for swapping advice and tips, especially from those that have the experience.

19. Bam Bam

Bam Bam Member

Ha ha ha, I had to look twice... Excellent. Sorry Brian but that black pudding is the wrong shape!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  20. Bam Bam

Bam Bam Member

Sorry Roger, as a true Yorkshire man I have short arms... so I cant reach my wallet when it's my round!