1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ilford Smooth High Gloss!

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by Mike101, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Mike101

Mike101 New Member

Having come to the end of my Ilford smooth high gloss photo paper, I was looking to find some more. This was a paper the "old" Ilford used to make. The newly acquired Ilford having acquired the name, seems not to have acquired the technology and manufacturing in Switzerland.

Smooth high gloss is very distinctive. You will know it if you have used it. It's kind of plastic like, and very glossy. I found the blacks ultra black, and the colours ultra vivid.

If anyone has knowledge of it, do you also know if any photo paper manufacturer now has the rights to it, or sells it? It's hard to believe that the plant would have simply closed and it's paper making facility simply shut down without being sold on.

You may have used another paper you think is very similar....any help with this would be appreciated - THANKS

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

3. Mike101

Mike101 New Member

Sorry yes, for ink-jet printers. Just looked at Premier Ink - Thanks for the link. They do not seem to have "Sooth high gloss".

4. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

5. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

6. Mike101

Mike101 New Member

You've solved my problem - Just purchased the one from the ebay link you sent. Will also check out the other link. Thanks so much for your help.