1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ilford Pan 100

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by eyedeebee, Oct 3, 2007.

1. eyedeebee

eyedeebee Well-Known Member

I've just bought some Ilford Pan 100 in the Czech Republic - being quite new to the game I'd never seen (or heard of) this film before - I can't find a refrence to it on the Ilford website either. Has anyone used it - what sort of results can I expect?

2. John_K

John_K Well-Known Member

yes 'tis available in this country from a company called 'First Call' based in Somerset, Taunton, at about £2.05 ppr. If I am not mistaken. I have dev times taken off the Ilford website if you need them.

(5 minutes later) Just checked the times are the same as for FP4 in all developers.

3. Simon E.

Simon E. Well-Known Member

These were posted on another forum some time ago by an Ilford employee:

"The Pan 100 and Pan 400 films are distributed in areas of the world where ILFORD does not have a corporate presence. They are based on FP4+ and HP5+ technology, but are produced to lower specifications and tolorances. While the quality is acceptable, these films are lower in quality than other ILFORD films."

And:

"The biggest difference between HP5+ and Pan 400 is that the tolerance specifications are less strict for the Pan 400. IOW, it is possible to see larger differences between batches of Pan 400 than you will see between batches of HP5+, although typically both are generally well within the tighter tolerances."

IOW perfectly good films, I'd say. Worth buying if you're on a budget (though check first that they really are significantly cheaper than FP4+ / HP5+)

4. John_K

John_K Well-Known Member

I have just used a roll of Ilford Delta 100 and a roll of Pan 100 today in urban photography in and around Newcastle. Processed them in Ilfosol S and to all intents and purposes I can't see much difference except the base colour of the delta is much paler. The crunch will come when I print them in the darkroom. I will post my findings.