1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ilford Multigrade Art 300 paper

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Roger Hicks, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

All right, it's not totally new, but (at last) I've got around to doing a review of this unique silver halide printing paper, which is truly magical. We've been using it since before it came out.

Cheers,

R.

steveandthedogs likes this.
  2. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Thanks Roger - that's a new one for me.
    I've got an awful lot of paper, of varying ages, before I need to buy fresh; although I did buy some Multigrade a few weeks ago to make some P&P charges more acceptable.

3. taxor

taxor Well-Known Member

Hi Roger, really want to try this paper at some point. How did you find it washed? I did hear that it floats in the wash more than other papers and keeping it submerged in a vertical washer was a bit tricky.

4. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Frances mostly uses a flatbed, turning the paper over so that both faces are washed, or a Nova clip to weigh it down in a vertical washer.

Cheers,

R.

5. JayRo

JayRo Member

I discovered this paper by accident... Ilford included 5 free sheets in 25 packs of 8x10 gloss multigrade paper, however, the guy at the place I shop for supplies tells me that the company which imports Ilford papers has decided not to import the Art 300 paper to Australia! I've been buying up the 25 packs of gloss to get as many free sheets of the Art 300 as I can before they stop including the freebies! I have done a couple of prints on the Art 300, and I love it! I'm planning on re-printing a series of my favourite prints on it and mounting them (and not putting them behind glass!)