1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IGPOTY Winners

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by RovingMike, Feb 20, 2017.

1. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

2. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I think the name's a winner - seen it crop up elsewhere, I'm sure!

PhotoEcosse likes this.
  4. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Malcolm Spaklepan won the prestigious Beekeeper of the Year Award in 2015 as well as a number of other fairly high profile competitions.

I like his honey - it's very heathery in flavour.

Cheers, Jeff

(Note - edited to remove all real names and events)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    AlanW and Catriona like this.
  5. Catriona

I know. I just didn't want to mention them!

PhotoEcosse likes this.
  6. Fishboy

Oh dear - have I committed some kind of faux pas? If I have, tell me quickly while I can still edit the post!

Cheers, Jeff

7. Catriona

8. Fishboy

Bugger - "edited to remove all real names and events" - great, now I can no longer edit the post and I've just found out that 'Beekeeper of the Year' is an actual thing - as is 'Junior Beekeeper of the Year'. On the bright side I can't find any online evidence of somebody called Malcolm Spacklepan - however I was surprised to find that a 'spackle pan' is a real thing.

Oh what a tangled web....

Cheers, Jeff

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    PhotoEcosse likes this.
  9. Catriona

Let's face it. IGPOTY is now and ever shall be the home of the fuzzy romantic soft focus feel good picture for the masses.

10. Fishboy

Next time I'm about to photograph some foliage I'll remember to breathe on my lens first!

Cheers, Jeff

Catriona and PhotoEcosse like this.
  11. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Catriona likes this.
  12. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

What a ghastly website, too many gimmicky features and not at all simple to navigate!

IIRC Lee Acaster has visited club once or twice and he's very fond of that sort of shot - as are one or two other photographers. Must admit they do nothing for me - especially after you've seen a couple of dozen in a row...:rolleyes:

Catriona likes this.
  13. Catriona

It's like the IGPOTY formula - hasn't changed in years. If I remember correctly, it's a greetings card manufacturer sponsoring it? Mushy mush!

14. tiggy_cat

tiggy_cat New Member

I have all the IGPOTY books published since the competition started. My impression when I received this years and looked through it was that compared with previous years, there were actually very few pictures of gardens! Much more like landscape with an emphasis on vegetation. Anyone else feel that or is it only me ?

15. Andy Manley

Andy Manley Member

I just looked at the tour dates and to my delight they're stopping just down the road from me.......and it ended Monday!:mad: