1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you had to take a photo of your favourite camera.......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BigWill, Jan 29, 2018.

1. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I have eighty of the things (see. my Flickr stream if you doubt that) , how would I choose?

Adrian

2. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

How do you choose which one to use when you go out for the day?!

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

The process is the same as used to resolve many dilemmas. You place two at a time in front of you and remove one, replacing it with the next and so on, until only one is left. It works every time.

4. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

om4ti.jpg om4ti.jpg It's got to be this one for me, not because it's the best camera I have but simply because to me it's a thing of beauty.

PeatSmoke and RovingMike like this.
  5. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

Yes, it looks really nice. I only own three cameras now. I have a Fuji X-Pro 1 and XT-1 and a Canon 7D. I like the look of the Fujis but I admit the most attractive camera I ever owned was an Olympus OM-1

BTW, Will. Nice to see you again. Are you still partial to a drop of Bush Mills? ;)

6. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Oh aye Willie, still partake of the odd snifter.........for purely medicinal purposes you understand! ;)

7. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

Well, of course. No other reason I can imagine :) I haven't indulged for quite a few years ( for different medicinal reasons :D ) but I still have the odd fantasy involving a bottle of Jamesons

8. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

14-07-15-002.jpg

My favourite to look at.

RovingMike likes this.
  9. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I've just realised that I've got a picture of the one I chose as my favourite - sadly, not of the best quality (I took the picture in a rush to illustrate some sort of point I was making at the time and the focus is all to pot). I suppose that getting a decent picture of it gives me a little project for the weekend if the weather's awful - which it probably will be!

The Crown Graphic is the one in the middle - in case you needed telling. Surrounded by a Nikon F, a Nikkormat FTn, a 'Baby' Speed Graphic and a Contax ii.

[​IMG]The New Boys by Jeff Johnson, on Flickr

Cheers, Jeff

Geren likes this.
  10. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

OM-10 Q.
    I prefer to hold bigger cameras, but the OM10 with a grip on it felt great, looked beautiful, and that zuiko lens........

11. gray1720

With considerable difficulty!

(love that Ensign, Geren, I have a red one!)

Adrina

12. gray1720

On the off-chance that this thread can be resuscitated, anyone care to suggest which one I should take out next, save me deciding?

Adrian
    (there's an obviously titled album in my Flickr, see sig)

(extra bracket - this may depend on being able to find one for redecorating!)

13. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Vito II

S

14. gray1720

Which one?
    (I have two)

Adrian

15. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

I'll raise you three.

Either.

S

16. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

The camera I lust after most is one that I saw in a studio in spain in the late 50 ' s ( it was for sale but I was skint)

It seems to be as rare as hens teeth, and the only one that I have ever seen or heard about.
    It was a complete Sinar monorail kit with "full" movements and four lenses, all in a small leather case. It was a native 6x9. Like a diminutive 5x4 version, not just a 6x9 back on a 5x4.

17. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I would choose the one I could actually get my hands on Heather has taken to putting all of my camera's just out of reach. This results in me seeing a bird in the garden to take a shot of only when she has gone to Tescos. I must remember to ask her for a camera before she leaves the house, I am sure the birds know I haven't a camera so perch provocatively just to wind me up. As to which camera I can't choose I am a late comer to this photography lark.
    Don

18. Terry B

Terry B New Member

Mr. Hicks. Please excuse the formality. I feel I've got to know you from two of your books and always turning to the back of the AP to read your musings there. Being aware of your proclivity for large format, I was surprised to see the Minolta 16. I've got two 16 II's, the second purchased when I realised that without the filter set, focusing to infinity isn't possible.

19. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

My favourite camera has to be...

[​IMG]

....the FujiFilm GA645zi - whilst I understand the portrait orientation of the film annoys some I find it's a camera I keep going back to.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    daft_biker likes this.
  20. CollieSlave

CollieSlave Member

My Leica iiif with Summitar.