1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If this had happened in London.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 6, 2018.

1. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43297638

I had to go to Salisbury today. If you're not familiar with the city you could walk across the centre in 10 minutes. I can honestly say that if I hadn't seen this on the news, I would have been blissfully unaware anything had happened. I do like some of the sound bites in the following especially "you're not from the telly are you? I don't want to be on the telly.".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43305405

2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

We should just be grateful that UK secret agencies never assassinate dissenting voices. In other news, Willie McRae and Dr Kelly "killed themselves."

3. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Pretty normal weekend behavior where I live. No one would have batted an eyelid......

4. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

The BBC at it's comedic best.

But surely Amanda Barlow is a "stallholder" and not a "stall holder". I do quite like the "tight - lipped policeman" and the musings of Penny Muxworthy. All that's missing really is a picture of stoical Sue Doe, smoking a cigarette a stone's throw from the closed Zizzi restaurant.

5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

It seems reasonable to suppose that they really did. In both cases the evidence points to cockups subsequent to the deaths rather than conspiracy to cause them.

6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Are you aware that McRae was found not wearing gloves, and the gun he allegedly shot himself with was found a great distance from the car with no fingerprints on it?

7. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I had to remind myself about McRae's death so just read it. If in fact he was offed by the security services or whoever and it wasn't a cock up by the police (Which believe me, i don't find a total surprise!), surely the persons/agency that allegedly carried out the act would actually make it look realistic and fit the story. They can't be that numb can they?

8. dream_police

I wonder if Comrade Corbyn is watching his back?

MI6 may borrow some poison from their Ruskie counterparts.

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  9. Andrew Flannigan

I'm as keen to assign blame to the creeps of the establishment as any prole but this looks too much like the confusion of real life. If someone else did shoot him it would more likely be an angry spouse or lover. I'd expect the funny people to be more efficient given the money we (allegedly) pour into their training.

RovingMike likes this.
  10. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Unless they did it deliberately badly, a double bluff... :eek:

11. Jeff Preston

Jeff Preston Well-Known Member

Any credible evidence ?
    I will be outraged if true.

12. dream_police

If he had he wouldn't share it, otherwise he'd be the next to meet an untimely death.:)

13. Andrew Flannigan

GULP! :confused:

14. dream_police

Hey, I've got to put my old skills to use and the money comes in handy.

15. Jeff Preston

Jeff Preston Well-Known Member

Hmmmm
    Could be tempted.

16. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

That they killed themselves? No.

17. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Just a side note... An interesting theory (accuracy of which remains unproven of course) is that McRae had a dossier on the Westminster paedophile ring. If that was the case it could explain the sloppiness of the setup as it may have been just an old fashioned hit.

Anyway, changing the subject. If a British spy betrayed his country and sought refuge elsewhere, would you 'approve' of official vengeance being taken?

18. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I'll hide out on a boat on a rough sea. You'll not be able to shoot straight. :p

dream_police likes this.
  19. Andrew Flannigan

One of the oldest intergovernmental rules is that you give a spy short shrift.

20. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Indeed, so why is everyone so upset?