1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iceland Trip with 'Pentax Club' about 1987

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by PeteE, Sep 26, 2019.

1. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Looking through my files I found the Negs of the trip to ICELAND with the Pentax Club of Great Britain as organised by Peter & Liz Cox. I had used the original 'Ilford XP1' chromogenic film. Camera was an ME Super + SMC Pentax-M 28mm f2.8 with yellow filter. I liked the 'Vastness' of the Landscape.
    [​IMG]Iceland 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Iceland 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    I must do some 16x12" Competition Prints for my Club !

EightBitTony and RovingMike like this.
  2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Wow - you'd be hard pressed to get a photo of Gulfoss these days with only one person in!

Adrian

3. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

a NOTE' from Mick on Photrio Forum about the 'White Houses' one ----

Home to their parliament.

You photographed this standing on one continent looking to the hills in the background which are another continent. In-between and below you, is a sort of no man's land as the two continents drift apart.

From memory, three of those houses are the Prime Minister's summer residence. Not sure if it the first three or the last three.

Most wonderful place. and a very nice depiction, beautifully framed. Looks like early to mid afternoon, going on the shadow.

Mick.

4. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

He's spot on - and no, I can't remember which houses it is either.

We had a good laugh when we were there as the traffic cones coning something off were made in Oxford!

Adrian