1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iceland Store Fire Event with my latest 'Gift' Oldie

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by PeteE, Feb 14, 2019 at 11:29 AM.

1. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Going shopping with Wife to Brentwood's ICELAND Store there were loads of people milling around outside and the Fire Alarm was sounding ! Suddenly the well-known 'He-Haw' sound of the Brave Brentwood Firefighters on their appliance came and The Handsome Burly Firefighters rushed through by the 'Swooning Female Staff' --- I was there with my latest 'Gift' , a 1975 Asahi Pentax Spotmatic -F loaded with 03/2004 dated 'BOOTS 400' ( Fuji) fillum . Light was poor -- I snapped with the SMC Takumar 50mm f1.4 at f2 and 1/250th. i home-processed in well-used C41 .
    47052689811_e5b298519f_z.jpg

2. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Good grief! A fire at an Iceland store could cause literally pounds-worth of damage!

On a photographic note though, Spotmatics are cracking cameras - sometimes I really envy your large collection of gifts.

Cheers, Jeff

3. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Jeff -- I got several more 'Gifts' by putting a message onto 'Next Door Brentwood' site " Any Old FILM Cameras you have -- don't DUMP'em! " I saved several 'classic cameras' by renewing light seal strips, lubricating in base-plate cogs and levers, and curing a P30 all 'Rusty' -- I have a couple of Old Folders given as well -- some 'Compact Film Cameras. have passed onto fellow Club members or Cancer Charity Shop . That 'site' www.nextdoor.co.uk is very useful and free !