1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'v lost my thread......

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by andrebogaert, Apr 17, 2014.

1. andrebogaert

andrebogaert Well-Known Member

I posted a link to a website here some days ago... When, to see if anyone had looked at it, I checked just now ....it's disappeared..... Did I offend the powers that be????
    If so I would be interested to know how........

2. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

3. andrebogaert

Thanks for the comment but NO it's not that thread, that's one, and to use a Blue Peter phrase, "That's I made earlier".
    The missing thread is about a website for Street Photography Workshops. I will not give you the link as it may be censored again if I do.
    I would still like to know why the thread was removed if a moderator is "listening"....

4. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

The only thing that comes to mind is that the link could be seen as an advertisment? I think they don´t like comercial links here.

5. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

thanks for posting this link, he's a photographer I've wanted to know more about, due to seeing his 'satan's mouth' entrance photo in the past.

6. alfbranch

alfbranch Well-Known Member

7. andrebogaert

Thanks for the input but I would not have considered the site I was refering to was at heart a commercial one. I was extolling the examples of street photography show within the site.
    Oh BTW still no response from "Them Upstairs".....
    I think I'll wait until after the Easter holidays and then if I've not had any feed back I'll re post the link and see what happens.

8. andrebogaert

Maybe I'm being more thick than usual but I don't understand your comment.

9. andrebogaert

10. southonline

southonline Well-Known Member

I would send a PM to the mods asking why, they could miss this thread

11. andrebogaert

That's a good idea.... and I have done so....thanks

12. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

13. andrebogaert

Yes and No. There were, I think, 2 links of which this is one.
    It was suggested I send a PM to the moderators, which I have now done.
    I've had an acknowledgement of my message and I'll now look forward to an answer.
    I don't want to blow this out of proportion.... it was only a link to something I though members would/might find interesting. It's no WikiLeaks or anything,,,,
    I would just be interested to know why my thread was pulled.