1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really should have put new door seals in that Pentax S1a

Discussion in 'Classic Models & Marques' started by John Farrell, Jan 28, 2019.

1. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

I've been shooting with.....

Img_0023.jpg

peterba likes this.
  2. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

"I really should have put new door seals"

Yes, it would appear so, John!

I must admit that, once or twice, I've tried to get away without renewing light seals - when they were self-evidently a bit knackered - and I paid the all-too-predictable price. Daft really - especially since it's (usually) so easy to do.

3. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

The seals on this camera are shot - a sticky mess. The camera wasn't going when I acquired it - I had to pull the mirror box to lube various pivots, and dismantle the wind mechanism and oil that.

steveandthedogs likes this.
  4. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

If there is not time to renew the seas put black tape on the outside over the joins before winding the first frame on and remove it after winding the film back into the cassette. I use that regularly if I am testing one of my old cameras.

John Farrell likes this.
  5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Shame you weren't shooting colour print film; I've always rather liked the colour explosions you can get from light leaks. ;)

The S1a is a rather nice camera, well worth the trouble you've been to, and the seal replacement.

Done_rundleCams and John Farrell like this.