1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Hate Couriers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LesleySM, Oct 28, 2017.

1. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Read your policy! It will almost certainly say that leaving the house unsecured invalidates the cover

2. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Well I got in tonight to find the Royal Mail delivered the parcel they claimed to have delivered Saturday and Hermes delivered the shoes I had on next day delivery Saturday and also the ones they were supposed to be returning to the seller after 3 failed attempts at delivery

It sorta worked okay- the original shoes were a bit glittery for a job interview but the replacement pair were just fine but they are nice shoes so I may keep them (I am turning into Imelda Marcos. I have always had one pair for day to day use and a pair of boots, I now have 5 pairs of shoes and 3 of boots)

I can also walk in the smart shoes so I headed off for my interview tonight and only I could turn up, get into the building, not be able to find the place I was supposed to be going, leave 2 voicemails telling them I am in the hallway. Sit around for half an hour getting more and more annoyed then decide to give up and take out the paper with the phone number on it ready to leave a sarky email

And realise the interview is tomorrow!

3. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Cheer up, you're not alone. And, I can't remember when or how it happened to me.

4. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Hmmm, if that was posted yesterday, then tomorrow is today. :confused:

Good luck with the interview.

5. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed for the interview!

I definitely have you beaten in the Imelda Shoe Stakes. Or used to. I had a bit of a thing for shoes and while I can't now remember the exact number of pairs I owned, I'm embarrassed that I know it was in the 80s. That included long boots, ankle boots,slippers, sandals, walking shoes, day shoes, party shoes and so on. After I hurt my ankle/knee/hip I found walking in heels almost impossible and most of them sat unused in the cupboard. I donated them to the BHF when we moved and kept only seven pairs - fleecy boots, doc martens, slippers, dressy sandals, crocs, a pair of flipflops and the most extravagantly blue high heeled beribboned non practical stuff of fantasy shoes that I'll never wear again but simply could not part with.

6. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

The nurse has just left after taking a blood sample and giving Frances an injection, and now that I think about it, we normally leave the front door unlocked for her (opening straight onto the street) and often nurses ring the doorbell and walk straight in, so this must be something they expect. I'll have to ask!

Cheers,

R.

7. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I believe the idea of locking doors may well have originated when we all aspired to own our homes instead of renting, own our television sets instead of renting and being able to borrow enough money to purchase said items so that they were "ours" rather than belonging to someone else.
    Or not.

8. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

By the way, I meant to say earlier, but home events overtook me as they so often do, @Roger Hicks - I'm so sorry to hear about Frances and please accept sincere wishes for successful treatment and a return to health.

9. Roger Hicks

Thanks. It's all going as well as can be expected at the moment. First course of chemo OK; blood booster injections the last four days (VERY tiring -- far more so than the chemo); first day of second course of chemo (6 hrs!) last Thursday, all OK; next chemo (1 hr) Thursday. It looks as if she's getting better.

Cheers,

R.

Geren likes this.
  10. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I have two friends going through the same thing albeit at different stages, and generally speaking, overwhelming tiredness seems a common theme. Both seem to be progressing well though it's often an up and down route to wellness. Keeping you in my thoughts anyway.

11. Roger Hicks

Thanks. And best of luck to your other friends. So far the tiredness has resulted ONLY from the blood boosters, not the chemo. The 4-day blood booster course finished this morning so we'll see the results from the blood tests, and how she feels, tomorrow. She's planning on spending the afternoon hand colouring. I'm going to be working on the AP Christmas Quiz.

Cheers,

R

RogerMac, spinno and Geren like this.
  12. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Two Hermes deliveries in the last couple of days...One left with a card pushed through the door saying the parcel was by he front door... derr and last night a card was pushed through the door after 8.00pm advising that a parcel had been left between the green bin and household waste bin...double derr