1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't upload photos to A.P.

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by cliveva, May 23, 2016.

1. cliveva

cliveva Well-Known Member

I have tried the new upload, but am failing to get images uploaded, just get a square with three dots!
    I saved my pic as a low res jpeg, 1.2mb from RAW, then Photoshop, to no avail.
    Any help out there?
    Clive at a loss:confused:

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I haven't tried the upload although I have seen some people do it. The recommended image size is max 800 pixel and file size <200kb. Whether this latter is enforced by the uploader or.not I don't know. The reader friendly way is to post a link to the file hosted elsewhere then the image just appears and the reader doesn't have to click on anything. I must admit that I don't look if the image doesn't appear in the thread.

3. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I have had no problem getting the image to appear in the post. Copy the address from the image displayed in the galleries and paste it into the image icon whichich appears on the to line of the edit box - thats te icon on the right of the smiley face

4. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

When you save it from photoshop to your folder/desktop etc. Instead of using the 'SAVE' option, use 'SAVE FOR WEB'. Make it around 800 pixels along its longest edge for ease of viewing, then drop the file size down to around 200kb and it should upload a treat. It will upload bigger files but I think 1.2 Mb may be pushing it. 200kb is nice for those viewing on mobile devices too as it doesn't take all week to open.