1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurrah!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gray1720, Sep 6, 2017.

1. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Just shy of two years (by nine days) since we moved into our first house...

I have finally found all my cameras!

There are only 80 of them... if I include the shoebox pinhole.

Adrian

2. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Give it time, and if you follow my modus operandi you'll start misplacing things - cameras, books, keys etc. Fortunately I rarely throw anything away, so given time, I find them again, but sometimes it really is a very long time. Currently, I've misplaced the lens cap from a Minolta TC 135mm F/4 - it must be on the lounge floor somewhere - I assume it rolled under furniture after being knocked off the end of the lens.
    The good news is that I've found my Retina IIIC after placing it in a safe but forgotten place some six months ago.

Zou, Geren and steveandthedogs like this.
  3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

My record was an alarm clock lost from when I moved in in '78 to out in '06. It turned up in some old packaging in the garage.

4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Only 80? And there was me thinking you had a problem - carry on!

5. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Not perhaps the longest lost item but possibly one of the most annoying. I thought I'd had my iphone 4 stolen at work. It only came to light after I got home from an absolutely horrendous day dealing with a student who had tried to submit part of my work as her final submission and additionally found my car with a nail in the tyre on the way home. To realise that my phone was gone too was just about the final straw. I couldn't accuse the girl because I had absolutely no proof but I was convinced in my head that she'd swiped it as revenge for alerting the teaching staff that the 'smoke' coming out of her Aladdin's lamp was actually my own file that I'd been using to show her the technique. Anyway, it's just as well I didn't accuse her because six years later my car went in for a service and valet and when I picked it up there was an iphone 4 on the passenger seat. I took it into the office to see if a member of staff had left it behind and was told that they'd found it in the recess in the boot where the emergency pump was located. Obviously I'd dropped it there while pumping up the tyre in the carpark!

EightBitTony likes this.