1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How's your weather?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Catriona, Dec 15, 2018.

1. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

It's been a warm, cloudy day today - but now the clouds are tinted by the smoke from a huge fire burning inland of Dunedin.

IMG_4418.JPG

2. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

It's dry, cold and misty here, with a pale blue sky - I could see around 200m along the local road a short time ago, before the mist obscured details.

3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Not too bad here now the wind has gone to the SE. 17 - 30mph and 6 degC. I can live with it - and put the new sheet out to dry. I hate it having to wash new bedding. Enough with the old stuff.

4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this. I'm hearing the news about the fire. Sounds bad, with your recent drought too.

5. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

Lovely day here, sunny, light winds but rather cool.

6. miked

miked Well-Known Member

north Shropshire, 10am today:
    snowy.jpg

7. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

That sensor needs cleaning.

8. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Chucking it down again. Weather radar shows an edge to the rain heading this way.
    Normally I'd be doing my weekly shoping this morning, but I'm holding off till the afternoon. Got a batch of dough prooving in the airing cupboard, by the time the loaf is baked it should be dry enough to go out.
    Yes, I could brave the weather, but if I don't have to, then why?

Catriona likes this.
  9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Gloriously sunny here, but colder than Maggie Thatcher's heart.

Catriona likes this.
  10. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

I thought that you thought she didn't have one. :confused:

11. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Oh she had one alright. Stole it from the child of a miner when she realised her own had given out. Then did a special ceremony to get the devil to animate it for her.

12. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Bloody freezing down here!

At 3am this morning I woke up needing the loo and when I got back into bed it was so cold I dragged out a couple of my quilts to go on top of what I already had on.

Woke up again at 7, nice and warm stuck my head out from under the covers and thought "F**K THIS!" and went back under the covers until 9.30 and even then I made my coffee and toast and headed back to bed.

Now I am someone who generally doesn't feel the cold that much. When I worked at Marys I was told "We had a consultants meeting and George walked in and said "It's so cold on my way here I saw Lesley having a fag and she had her coat on" and apparently the general reaction was "Now that;s what I call cold!"

But today I have the heating on whereas I usually won't turn it on until much later in the day and I am sitting here fully dressed and thinking about just wearing my dressing gown on top!

13. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Snow on the tops

S

14. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member