1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would you shoot it?

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by EightBitTony, Apr 4, 2017.

1. PhilW

PhilW Well-Known Member

I always like an odd angle. what happens if you lie on the floor against the wall and look up? Do you get other interesting buildings coming into the shot? Or do you get sky? If the latter how would the stark and "hard" wall & it's art juxtapose with a blue sky with fluffy clouds?

Of course you might just get a mess of higher objects, but worth a look.

2. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Phil,

Indisputably true. On the other hand, if it DOESN'T work (and you should be able to tell through the viewfinder)... Time to leave.

Cheers,

R.

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Worth a look, but an odd angle on its own often says desperation, or lack of ideas to me. I usually turn it horizontal to see if there really was a shot there. As you say, it needs to bring another element in that wouldn't have been there and that might help or hinder.

BTW where is it? Can anyone have a go?

4. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

It's in Nottingham, yep, everyone can have a go :)

It's here - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d52.950639!4d-1.138097 - but the last visit by the google maps folk was before it was built, while they were still demolishing the old buildings.