1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much is Kate Moss worth nude?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Damien_Demolder, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Gordon_McGeachie

Gordon_McGeachie In the Stop Bath

the question is .

will she get anything from the sale of these pictures and if so what will she spend it on, more powdery white stuff?

No wonder young girls get into drugs if this is what so called `role models` get up to.

snifffffffff...

2. Baz94

Baz94 Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't think she is all that so why anyone would pay silly money is beyond me but then again, that is just my opinion :)

3. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

What's value? What has value to me can mean sod all to you. I couldnt give a $hit about the pictures, but there are always going to be people that are willing to pay £££££££. Whether it's as "investment" or for personal "value".

The fact that somebody HAS paid that means that they do have that value, I dont really see what all the fuss is about. The next painting or whatever that fetches ten million more than the previous world record will get everyone nattering again :D

4. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Yep, that'd be an easy decision for me too Peter - ie, neither, thanks very much. I'd have an Alpa 9 WA + Zeiss 38mm Biogon (with 44x66mm film back) and the holiday over the plastic FujiBlad anyday. ;)

5. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

D'OH!!! That should be Alpa 12WA of course. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I agree. Although I might be tempted by an Hy6...

7. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

I suppose one positive side-effect might be that the prices photographs in general fetch may increase. I wonder how much the actual photographer got for their shot? I'd guess that the photographer actually received very little of this money!

8. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

I doubt whether Chuck Close is short of a few bob - nor Lucien Freud for that matter - his painting of a pregnant Kate Moss sold for £3.9m in February 2005.

The Kate Moss photos were printed from daguerreotypes, now those must be worth something, presumably more than £84,000. I'd be interested to know who owns them and why daguerrotypes in the first place?

AlanW.

9. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Worth every penny, but not to me.
    They'd make nice postcards at 50p a time though.
    Perhaps spotty schoolboys would like posters for couple of quid but they wouldn't be as good as the tennis girl :)

10. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Ah! now that sounds interesting and adds further grist to the wheel regarding the question, 'Is Photography Art?'! For over a century, the art establishment has had a problem with the camera, presumably conceding that people can employ it like an artist's 'rough sketchbook' to produce basic templates from which are produced something else, as long as it doesn't become the primary method of constructing something artistic.

I have noticed that a number of photographers who endeavor to break into the 'art' market seem to be using film and then printing out their images via unusual processes or surfaces, so that they are purchased by those who would not normally buy photographs, because they are by and large do not employ processes that involve 'manual' or time-consuming 'artistic skills'!

I remember well the ruckus that ensued when it was proven that some Flemish artists had employed the camera obscura. It was as if the method was acceptable, as long as it's use was not acknowledged!

The fact that this image is a Daguerreotype, a positive-only process which does not itself generate a reproducible image, enables the photographer to state with absolute certainty that what they are selling is the original and only print. It is of course this particular quality (and to some extent the subject material) that effectively ensures it's high price tag.

As I have said earlier elsewhere, 'Until a manufacturer is willing to come up with a printing material which offers a unique surface which is produced in very small identifiable batches, I suspect that printed photographic images will continue to be the poor relation to other forms of 'Art'.'

I am tempted to wonder if Ilford, have ever thought of introducing a product that satisfies this criteria, so that 'Fine Art' photographers can thereby validate the uniqueness of the images they print, to those who purchase their work?

11. Damien_Demolder

Damien_Demolder Well-Known Member

I know how much you all like voting, so we have purposely wiped out all the votes that have been registered for this poll. That gives you all the chance to vote again! :D

A small technical error meant that the original poll was making Explorer browsers crash. My fault it seems, though not entirely sure why! :eek:

Anyway, sorry about that, but as I said you all like voting...don't you?

damien

12. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

Only if we are paid to do it! :D :eek: /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

13. Damien_Demolder

Damien_Demolder Well-Known Member

How about £83,999?

14. Monobod

For that sort of money, if it really is quality photos that one is after, a studio hire with an attractive model could produce much better results, but that is not what it is all about, is it.

She is notorious, so she commands attention from people who need to get a life. Buying these prints probably entitles the purchaser to his half an hour of fame and the chance to talk small talk to other such like people.

I find it all very offensive to the vast majority of people on this planet who struggle for thier daily food and health needs.

15. ChrisBrookes

ChrisBrookes Well-Known Member

I would pay 10 an hour for her to iron the bedding !!

16. Monobod

is that 10p?

17. Gordon_McGeachie

Gordon_McGeachie In the Stop Bath

is that the overtime rate?

18. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Bank Holidays.