1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much is Kate Moss worth nude?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Damien_Demolder, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Damien_Demolder

Damien_Demolder Well-Known Member

We've a new poll - this time about those nude Kate Moss pictures. A collection of six pictures sold for £84,000 at auction - which perhaps seems like a lot of money. Is it? Can those pictures really be worth that much?

Read the stories and see some of the pictures here
    and then head to the home page to vote.

damien

2. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Well personally I'd go as high as £8.40 for them but I wouldn't stretch to nine quid! :eek: As for £84,000..........................well obviously someones a lot richer and a lot bigger fan of Kate than I am but good luck to the dude whoever he/she is...................after all, is it not one of the great cornerstones of democracy that those with more money than sense have always been free to squander their gazillions of superfluous spondulicks in whatever ridiculous manner they deem fit? :eek: :eek: ;)

BigWill

3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

What Will said.

4. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

[pedant mode] the answer has to be yes, just because as the auction went that high there were obviously people who were willing to pay that much [/pedant mode]

You could just as easily ask is a painting by Jackson Pollock really worth $140 Million dollars.

Now if you were asking if I would be willing to spend that much money on the Kate Moss photos then the answer would be no. Even if I had so much money I couldn't spend it all I still wouldn't be able to justify spending £84,000 on those (or indeed any) pictures of Kate Moss nude.

The phrase more money than sense leaps to mind

5. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

To me? Definitely NO!!!

To the person who shelled out £84k, Definitely Yes!!!

6. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

What Carrie said.

Anything from cameras to pics of Kate Moss nude have to be worth what someone is willing to pay for them, otherwise they wouldn't sell and would be worthless ;)

7. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

The portrait of la Moss which is published in AP this week featured on the front cover of another weekly photography magazine last year. I thought then it was a quite horrible picture, and nothing has changed my opinion on it.

As to whether these pictures are worth that amount of money, I'm with Will.

8. Mr_Geoff

Mr_Geoff Well-Known Member

I'm with Will too. Large Bushmills all round I think....

Not too many or she'll start looking attractive ;)

9. T90

T90 Well-Known Member

Had her - nowt to write home about! :eek:

10. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

They are worth as much as someone is prepared to pay

11. JDCB

JDCB Well-Known Member

Damien,

I very much enjoy these polls - a way of benchmarking my views against others who enjoy the visual medium. I also enjoy the inevitable "pedant" responses you get highlighting some perceived flaw in poll methodology or a missed option. It all adds to the fun.

But this time, the "pedant" response is really just taking a position on both logic and English. "Can" these photos be worth.... Self-evidently so, as that's the price paid. 100% yes.

Can we have a mid-week rerun, asking a slightly different question?

James

12. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

My guess is that anything at this sort of price is bought as an investment. Locked away for a few years to reappear at a suitable time and auctioned for a lot more (they hope).

13. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

I think the prints themselves are beautiful. And like her or not, her face is amazing to look at.

14. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

My view too - she ain't great with the make-up, without it it's woof city.
    Those pics may be worth 84k to the person that bought them, but that money could have fed his guide-dog for a few more years.

15. Tacitus

Tacitus Well-Known Member

50p fer the lot, unless I got the negatives and rights, then I'd double my bid. .T.

16. AJUK

AJUK Well-Known Member

WTF?

17. parisian

parisian Well-Known Member

So, a choice between some snaps of a skinny bird not quite looking at her best and an HD39 with a bag full of lenses and an exotic holiday to try them all out?
    H'mmmm I'll have to think about it for a nanosecond or three. :eek:

18. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

IMHO - Not worth the paper their printed on!

19. mjc7uk

mjc7uk Well-Known Member

One A4 Photo Glossy Paper and Website address. Print, hey presto a freebie.

But the question is why would I want to do that? Nah!

20. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

BNot other people probably think that about your, er, equipment ;) /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif