1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hope (or the half full glass)

Discussion in 'Forum Competitions and Themes' started by RogerMac, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Hope you stop talking soon!

21669848359_26a6b29ce6_z.jpg

Done_rundleCams, RogerMac and Geren like this.
  2. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

poster.jpg
    I guess the first poster was put up in the hope in that it might spur messier students to clean up after themselves and not leave our new kitchen area in a disgusting state for someone else to clean up. However the second poster was put up in the hope that a less sweary, less agressive message might still be a better way of communicating dissatisfaction with the cleanliness of the microwave. There have since been further notes/posters as responses continue to be exchanged. I'm hoping there might be a series in it.

3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

poster2.jpg poster3.jpg
    Suspect these were put up more in hope than expectation that a bunch of people largely born after 1996 might have seen the film...

4. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Hope that ball stays on..... hope I win
    [​IMG]

Catriona and Done_rundleCams like this.
  5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Hope the brakes work...
    [​IMG]

RogerMac and Done_rundleCams like this.
  6. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Hope they don't recognise me in this get up
    [​IMG]

peterba, Done_rundleCams and Geren like this.
  7. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I hope he turns up..
    [​IMG]

RogerMac and Done_rundleCams like this.
  8. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I hope you're not bored...

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  9. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

We hope we pass the audition....
    [​IMG]
    for the new version of "The Wild Geese".....

10. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Hope that was a chocolate truffle I just ate...
    [​IMG]

Done_rundleCams, Geren and Zou like this.
  11. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Little boy: I hope she doesn't want a lick
    Little girl: I hope I get a lick
    [​IMG]
    We are talking ice lollies here

Geren and Done_rundleCams like this.
  12. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Rufford Ladies Circle were hoping that the frosty weather wouldn't impact on the first ever outdoor performance by the Chippendales

Done_rundleCams and Geren like this.
  13. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

More in hope than expectation...

Hmmm, must do something about that grouting!

Done_rundleCams, spinno and RogerMac like this.
  14. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Just an update - the official part of the theme closes at midnight tomorrow so get any late entries in. I am visiting an old friend in a care home in Devon on Wednesday and will try to get my response sorted out before I leave here but it is highly likely I will not succeed so it is possible that I will not be able to announce the result until Thursday if so my apologies in advance.

15. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

....and there we all were hoping...
    Sincerely I hope your visit goes well.

16. RogerMac

Thanks for the hopes! However I don't think it will go well or badly poor lady has lost her short term memory so so probably will forget that we ever called. My wife has had me copying photos from old albums so we have something to show and discuss about happier times

spinno likes this.
  17. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

This is quite therapeutic for those afflicted by this terrible condition, and it works alongside music memories as well. I would imagine the next generation will have TV shows to help.... A bit like watching Dave...

18. RogerMac

Thank you all for some excellent entries all of which gave me great pleasure. I had a very hard time choosing the best and toward the end I went through the entries several times and produced a different pecking order each time! My opinions seems to vary with the time of day and whether the background lighting was daylight or artificial! I decided to chose four (1,2,3 and HC) and these are listed below but I had a problem with multiple entries so I decided that where one entrant put in several images I would chose the best and ignore the rest

Anyway very briefly as I have to leave soon:

Highly commended - Craig's Captain Cook at post #14 It made me laugh
    Third - Spinno's "Hope he turns up" Image #87
    Second - Phil's untitled #5 It needed a title so I judged it under one I made up "Light at the end" There is a lot I could say about this image but I have not time just now, if asked I will get all verbose about it tomorrow. It was only just beaten into second lace by a very powerful entry from Kate
    First Kate's "Hope" image #26 just speaks for itself really

Got to go now, sorry

Geren, miked, EightBitTony and 2 others like this.
  19. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Well done to everyone.

20. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Oh my! Thank you very much, Roger. Well done to all who entered. It certainly had me thinking about hope, and got me through January! My builders have just arrived to fix my gable end fascia, so massive scaffolding going up!

Now to think about February - a windy month usually here, so teeth on edge - often!

Geren likes this.